The 55 best photographers of all time. In the history of the world.

Designer

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
That's a nice list of photographers. Certainly not all inclusive, but fun to explore :)

best ones probably were unknowns because they hid from the cameras... Maybe they should list this as the most famous ones or most extroverted to be known?

As a musician, I see lists like this a lot...I think you have to remind yourself that the criteria for this list is different than the criteria you would have for picking your favorites...Also, the majority of the time lists like this are chosen not because of the popularity or even the talent of the person on the list but because of their contribution to the field. So, you might sincerely dislike someone and think their photos suck but because they pioneered a particular genre of photography or because they developed a new way to approach some aspect of the art, they're added. I can see how this would be the case with several of the fashion photographers listed, Anne Geddes, etc. They might not be on the all time, mind-blowing career/contribution level of Cartier-Bresson, McCurry, or Adams, but they did contribute a great deal and have influenced the art of many photographers that are following in their footsteps...

I think if it were based on popularity there are quite a few that aren't on here...the common ones today are David Hobby, Zack Arias, Scott Kelby, Joey L., Jared Polin, Jeremy Cowart, Ben Von Wong, etc.

EDIT: I'm sure I left out a TON!

To say "best" is a misnomer, as already mentioned. Great, perhaps. Many, err most of my favorites are famous within international circles but not known otherwise. Some of the very best photographers ARE NOT professionals. ;)

I didn't read the list because I didn't want to be disappointed if my name's not there.

I didn't read the list because I didn't want to be disappointed if my name's not there.

It is actually! It's under the heading, "Best Photographer from Vancouver Island on TPF with a Lion on Their Avatar."

Congrats!:1219::clap::bouncingsmileys::boogie::boogie::boogie::Hail.sml::Hail.sml::Hail.sml::Hail.sml::Hail.sml:

Did I make it?

I'm on the list inspired by Walter Mitty. Well, not at the top, but I'm on the list. Unfortunately for wider dissemination, this list is not accessible to web crawlers. So you'll just have to take my word for it.:D

I'm on a few lists too!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back