TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
the-Art-of-Artsy-Fartsy.jpg

no bird, no subject, not interesting. you are way to talented for this. I think you are throwing this out there for whatever reason. I guess there are game players in every flippin facet of my life... now on TPF. your name is on it too.

Last edited:
If your intent is to contrast the small wiggly thing with the leaf, I suggest you remove the other distractions and upright the branch. (Even if it was tilted in real life, people don't know that and the tilt is a distraction.)

upload_2016-10-1_7-31-34.png

no bird, no subject, not interesting. you are way to talented for this. I think you are throwing this out there for whatever reason. I guess there are game players in every flippin facet of my life... now on TPF. your name is on it too.

People might have different taste and the insult is unwarranted.

Calling it " art of artsy fartsy" may have opened the door for negativity.

I really like @The_Traveler s edit.

Personally, I'm completely sick of looking at bird pics, unless its a hummingbird being eaten by a dancing mantis, that might be interesting.

Nature is diverse.

Well, while I found nothing insulting about Traveler's suggesting, I will have to fiddle with the image a bit before I can make a comment. I think sometimes we all get a bit too tied to title and image. There isn't a one of us who hasn't looked at an image and tried a crop or two or suggested a different way on occasion. It's what these forums are supposed to be about. I don't always agree but sometimes, like with this shot I put it out to see what kind of response I might get and play with the image accordingly, and sometimes it works for me, sometimes, not.

It's an interesting idea and while I like what you've done, and my edit accordingly, I was initially going for the play of light against the darker BG so may have to explore what I've done with Traveler's suggestion, my edit and the original edit.

the-Art-of-Artsy-Fartsy 2.jpg

I do not like the dead vertical idea - prevents any fluidity in the image - and prefer Bulldurham's second edit. Even then, I think the crop is a bit tight and would benefit with a tad more space around the edges, particularly at the top.

I do not like the dead vertical idea - prevents any fluidity in the image - and prefer Bulldurham's second edit. Even then, I think the crop is a bit tight and would benefit with a tad more space around the edges, particularly at the top.

I agree, my idea of the tree being vertical was really wrong and I'm glad you said something that made me look at the OP's post again.

I am not sure why but I really like this, it is simplistic but works well. I like the originally edit the best, it looks like a continues fall of leaves happening behind the tree.
It is a really nice seasonal photo. :)

I really like the cropped version. It's much better than the original but I agree it needs a bit more space a the top.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back