The audience

danalec99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I do not think I have succeeded in portraying my intention fully, primarily due to the fact that the violinist is 'hidden' by the clutter behind him. I should have moved a bit left for his more pronounced outline.
Just wanted to know what you thought...

CRW_4676tjmed-vi.jpg

::10D, 24mm

Being that he is a big part of what you wanted to capture, I would agree that moving to the left was really needed for this shot. He blends in now and the focus for be becomes the entire scene, which isn't entirely bad. Instead of focusing much on him, I sort of wander around the frame looking for the stories in it. I do come back to him and the fact that he is alone without anyone paying attention to him while groups wander around...which actually is interesting to me.

It all depends upon what you were trying to show or to achieve.
Was your prime concern the musician or his relationship with the location or with the people?
If you had waited till the bunch of people in the bg were level with him you would have got a good shot as well.
Pictures like this are all to do with intention and timing.

Thanks gentlemen for the comments.

The two important characters that I saw here was the musician and the floor tiles, which was the 'audience'. I know the tile thing might sound crazy :) , but I have this serious interest for seemingly unimportant elements all around us.

i dont think ur crazy for the tiles idea. i tend to do the same thing. the parallel lines beg for attention, especially at the height the photo was taken(sort of bending down or tripod?), so i see what you are saying there, but i think moving to the left almost all the way to the wall and looking out more to the right would be kind of interesting... just my .02

i agree that moving to the left or shooting from a lower viewpoint may have helped, i would also like to suggest using a shorter DOF so the background would be a little fuzzier, helping to focus the attention on the violinist.

Thanks Dana, Meredith for the input. :) Much appreciated!

a move to the left would be good to make the violinist more prominant but I would also suggest trying a little crop, take out everything right of the wall where the stairwell begins and see how that works. It might come out looking like a corridor or hallway instead of wide open but it could give you more of the feel you were talking about with the connection between player and tiles. I like the subject by the way, I think sidewalk musicians of any kind are always good photo ops.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back