The Bee saga

stevo12886

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Oh this is good. So i went down to the lake today to take some pictures, I see a good oportunity to get some of fish, so i sit down and wait for some to come into the area with no glare. Just my luck, a Bee falls in the water and they come over in hordes...interesting thing..the bee made it to shore.

fish.jpg

bee_and_fish2.jpg

bee_and_fish.jpg

Cheers,
Steven

Great stuff!
Were you using a polarizing filter?

What a thrilling photo story!
To catch the swimming bee and the fish underneath in that one photo really is one lucky moment. Plus being in a spot with no glare is another!

Must ask my son what fish they were. He might recognise them (?)

Absolutely amazing!!!! The bee looks like a little person swimming in the water....just like it's having a good ol' time doing the breast stroke in a pond on a warm summer day...tho I'm sure that's not what was buzzzzzing through his head at the time!

thats a huge bee man.

was the fish hunting it to eat the bee or was there just a lot of fish around? or did he think you were giving him food?

there were a good number of fish around, but it was really interested in the bee. It kept swimming up and looking at it...swimming of...then swimming up...ect. It was just a normal bee...small fish (4-6")
Cheers,
Steven

I had two flashbacks to lines/scenes from Finding Nemo while looking at these.....

Fish doing the seagull bit saying "MINE"
and
Bee doing a Dory bit singing "swimming, swimming just keep swimming"

Great photos and an excellent example of "right place, right time".

Most reactions

Back