The Bus In The City

Daniel The Cool

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just 1 photo.
19901726616_35af2684dc_b.jpg

Well exposed, nice conversion but I don't understand why you took this and are finding it interesting.

I find this with a lot of pictures......mostly ones that many call 'street' photography. Shoot a picture for the sake of shooting a picture I guess.

People take photos of what THEY see interesting. It could be this guy has a series on buses next to RAM trucks. Who knows.

I like the black and white-ness, but don't like the window glare or the watermark - sorry.

Well, I can say that I have taken a LOT of pictures much like this. But then, I'm the staff photographer for the transit system here.

There ARE a lot of "bus nuts" out there (hey, they call themselves that! I'm just agreeing...) who would find this highly interesting. For the rest of us--even those of us who are employed to take pictures of buses--this is just a bus. On a city street. Nothing especially compelling about it, even when converted to B&W.

I have to agree with the others. OP, you've posted a lot of pictures of buses and trains - it's clear that this interests you, but many of the shots look very similar to each other and are not quite as interesting to those who may not share your interest in the bus or train. Now, that's not to say a photograph of a bus can't be interesting, but there needs to be something about the photograph itself, not just the subject, that draws viewers in. You can't rely on other people just liking buses and trains the same way you do.

I find when I revisit the same subject over and over again, it's because I'm going after something that I haven't quite achieved yet. Sometimes it takes me a while to even discover what it is I am trying to get. What was it about this bus that caught your eye? Why did you shoot it this way? What were you trying to show?

I find when I revisit the same subject over and over again, it's because I'm going after something that I haven't quite achieved yet. Sometimes it takes me a while to even discover what it is I am trying to get. What was it about this bus that caught your eye? Why did you shoot it this way? What were you trying to show?

This is the essence of it - keep doing what catches your eye, but first figure out why, and then how to communicate what it is that drew you in.

For me, the most interesting feature of this photo is the reflection of the building in the windscreen. I like how the crazy curves are in stark contrast with the regular lines of the buildings in the background. Also, the advertising on the front of the bus is suggestive of dreams: perhaps this is how the buildings might look through the mind's eye in REM sleep.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back