The cliche tree

I like it, it just throws me off a little. Looking at the branches, I want it to be centered. But then I look at the trunk and that is centered. Not quite sure what to do with it.

Very lonely tree. I like it.

I like it, it just throws me off a little. Looking at the branches, I want it to be centered. But then I look at the trunk and that is centered. Not quite sure what to do with it.

Yep, it needs to be centered to the main body not to the trunk, frequent mistake. But runnah knows what he is doing :wink:

$11408023785_71254c3246_c.jpg

Yep, it needs to be centered to the main body not to the trunk, frequent mistake. But runnah knows what he is doing :wink:

View attachment 62374

I liked the lopsidedness of it. A little asymetry isn't always a bad thing

the weight of the tree to the right is balanced, to me, by the slightly taller grass on the left.

i have been trying to decide if i would like this better with more foreground and sky cropped out.
im still unsure about the sky, but I think i like the foreground the way it is.

Keep it monotone like this, but put a bright red wooden chair near the base of it. :wink:

rule of thirds?

Rule of awesome! I love this shot! The snow and the wheat stubble in the foreground are awesome. Very bleak, very lonely, very good. An outstanding modern landscape photo in the minimalist style.

It's hard to go this simple and make any kind of an impression...it's not a "pretty picture scene", like Niagara Falls or Diamond Head, Hawaii. To me the snow patches and the stubble and the slight motion blurring,seen on FLickr in the biggest sizes, really make this picture rock with veracity, with realism.

There are shots considered cliche for a reason - they are usually subjects or styles that are classic, and deceptively simple. I think you did a fine job, and this tree is irresistible! I wouldn't have passed him by, either.

Nicely done.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back