The Coffee House

Here they are, in the corner of the yard, the little sweeties. :586: The cats have been told they have to stay in until they take off. I want this first visit to feel 100% safe.

Taken through the patio glass door. Oh well. Daisy's hard to see, which is how Nature plans it. :lol: I only knew she was around because Jay was there. Finally spied her.

20240428_174050.jpg

Here they are, in the corner of the yard, the little sweeties. :586: The cats have been told they have to stay in until they take off. I want this first visit to feel 100% safe.

Taken through the patio glass door. Oh well. Daisy's hard to see, which is how Nature plans it. :lol: I only knew she was around because Jay was there. Finally spied her.

View attachment 274514
Canada geese nesting in the usual improbable places in my 'hood. Not at all friendly when they're in a family way!

@terri years ago our house was on a lake, every evening after school the ducks would waddle up to front door and raise a ruckus. That was their signal to tell the kids they were hungry. After the kids would feed them they'd waddle back to the water. When the little ones hatched, they'd bring them as if to show them off. In the winter they'd fly south, but every spring they'd be back. Year after year they did this, so we know it couldn't have been the same ducks, we have to believe it was the kids, grandkids and great grandkids.

@terri years ago our house was on a lake, every evening after school the ducks would waddle up to front door and raise a ruckus. That was their signal to tell the kids they were hungry. After the kids would feed them they'd waddle back to the water. When the little ones hatched, they'd bring them as if to show them off. In the winter they'd fly south, but every spring they'd be back. Year after year they did this, so we know it couldn't have been the same ducks, we have to believe it was the kids, grandkids and great grandkids.
That's such a great story! Of course, it was all the same family. Y'all were trusted friends!

I'm trying to cultivate that here. It tickled me to see them land, and go straight to where they knew the chow was.

View attachment 274514
Your cats not wearing bells?

Most reactions

Back