The Coffee House

I looked out around 23:30 for a while. Weather was clear enough, but I didn't see anything special, so I gave up by around 00:10. At least I got reasonably good weather -- just a bit cold for me.

Northern lights are out, can even see them from central NC. Got a few ok pics on my cell phone.
Here in MA too, even in the city you can see them.

I didn’t take a lot of photos - I’m kicking myself for not heading out with my friends.

@snowbear they were visible over Nubble! I’m sick that I wasn’t there.

This was a quick handheld with my iPhone from my deck before I ran to get my camera. Unedited except for a small crop.
IMG_7962.jpeg
My neighbors house.

Too cloudy here but we’re visible a bit southwest in VA. Maybe next time.
@SquarePeg: Yep, would be great to be there.

It was raining here all day yesterday. It might have cleared up enough to see the lights but I was so completely exhausted that I fell asleep on the couch around 8:30, woke up just before 10, then cleaned up a bit, went to bed, and was asleep just after 11.

But there might be another chance to see them tonight.

Current forecast says that tonight will still be ok, but past that is hard to predict.

"Northern lights light up the sky across Canada",
poste May 11, 2024 by "CP24", [length 5:34]

If they're still on tonight we might get a view.

If they're still on tonight we might get a view.
Tonight’s predicted kp is 6 up here. It was 8 last night. But I think the clouds might win out tonight.

Hi all just before I go and try to see the northern lights I have a question
what is the latest on that ship that ran into the bridge.... its no longer on the news Here.
nice northern light images folks,

what is the latest on that ship that ran into the bridge.... its no longer on the news Here.
I hope you get some good shots of it tonight. I'm hoping to.

It has dropped off the daily reporting, here. Maryland’s primary election is this coming Tuesday so that’s going to be the hot story for a while.

The last I heard the channel was useable and they were getting ready to remove the part of the bridge off of the ship. I’ll take a look at the Baltimore news and see what I can find. I don’t know the status of the case against the ship company.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back