The Color Orange

Nice. But the thing that is distracting are those two shadows between the camera and the can.

Nice. But the thing that is distracting are those two shadows between the camera and the can.

meh...
i barely notice them.
i think maybe i will reshoot and move the other lens a bit to the left to cover where the shadow is.
other than that, I don't think there's much to be done about it.

meh...
i barely notice them.
i think maybe i will reshoot and move the other lens a bit to the left to cover where the shadow is.

Meh indeed! I do that a lot with my stuff to...problem is no one else does! IF you can get them out it would be a great product/art shot The meh factor just makes it a pretty colors shot. ;)

meh...
i barely notice them.

Meh indeed! I do that a lot with my stuff to...problem is no one else does! IF you can get them out it would be a great product/art shot The meh factor just makes it a pretty colors shot. ;)

well, i wasn't trying for a "product" shot. i was trying for "something orange" shot.
i could have lit it more, but it would have screwed with the background.
honestly, i don't think shadows always equal a detriment to a photo. It just seems to be one of those "buzzword" phrases people are use to throwing out there whenever they see them.
OMG shadows! RUN!

I could shoot this against a white backdrop, light the snot out of the front and sides and get rid of pretty much all the shadowing....might make for a better "product" shot, but certainly not anything I would enjoy. Unless Nikon and/or Fanta contact me for a shoot.

I think the shadows give it character. something besides some boring, flat, and featureless picture.

meh...
i barely notice them.

I think I didn't make myself very clear on the 'why'. The shadows make part of the camera seem to float, and also the lens has no shadow to offset that effect. Just disconcerting I think. Like I said it's a good, very good 'colors' shot though. Hey, it's your pic, right? ;)

That lighting issue is no easy one, if you solve that you have really done something!

side note: the verticallity of the can and camera conflict. Shot with a wide angle close iup I presume.

meh...
i barely notice them.

I think I didn't make myself very clear on the 'why'. The shadows make part of the camera seem to float, and also the lens has no shadow to offset that effect. Just disconcerting I think. Like I said it's a good, very good 'colors' shot though. Hey, it's your pic, right? ;)

That lighting issue is no easy one, if you solve that you have really done something!

side note: the verticallity of the can and camera conflict. Shot with a wide angle close iup I presume.

im not really getting any kind of camera "floating" vibe there.
i see the can issue, but nothing on the camera.

MUCH better to my mind anyway. Maintained the outstanding color with nothing to distract from that. I can see this is some Bank foyer, or Corp hallway. Nice.

MUCH better to my mind anyway. Maintained the outstanding color with nothing to distract from that. I can see this is some Bank foyer, or Corp hallway. Nice.

I think I like the can shape better in the second one.
I switched to the 85mm.

Careful with that tilt. That mustache might slide right off the right side of the frame.

Most reactions

Back