the dead.....not for faint of heart!!!!!

Osmer_Toby said:
MDowdey said:
Osmer_Toby said:
well, looks like he finally got ahead.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

BETTER YET...

"QUIT WHILE YOUR AHEAD"

MD

uh, would i be a jerk for laughing at that one?

( :lmao:) <--- quietly, my hand covering my mouth

We are SO going to go to hell. :sigh: At least we'll all be together, huh? ;)

Shark said:
Osmer_Toby said:
MDowdey said:
Osmer_Toby said:
well, looks like he finally got ahead.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

BETTER YET...

"QUIT WHILE YOUR AHEAD"

MD

uh, would i be a jerk for laughing at that one?

( :lmao:) <--- quietly, my hand covering my mouth

We are SO going to go to hell. :sigh: At least we'll all be together, huh? ;)

yeah, that poor caretaker has a real headache on his hands.

Wow, I find this frightfully interesting! Though I, too, think this is not how things should be!
Way back in 1985, I came across a similar sight on a cemetary in South Spain which was in the process of being moved from its old plot to a new one on the fringes of the community. Or so it was said. I never saw any "moving" activities going on while I was in the area, but what do I know?
What I did SEE, though, was an open grave like this, though a "wall grave" the one in Spain was, if you know what I mean: not one down in the ground but in a deep wall (sort of like a "block of grave-flats").
Well, it so happened I went to and entered (listen carefully now!) this cemetary in the middle of the night one night! I wanted to see a sky with so many stars like I had never seen before, and this cemetary happened to be the darkest place in the entire community. So there I wanted to be and watch the stars, and the sight I was having down towards the sea and the town and its lights.
When I carefully inched nearer to where I knew the open grave was, I suddenly saw something that seemed not from this world!
The skeleton sent out the faintest, but still distinguishable (!) glow of fluorescent light. Really, really, REALLY faint, but the light was there. Honestly. I'm not kidding!

Wow, I find this frightfully interesting!

Me too. My morbid curiosity meter is pegged right now. Half of me is just staring, going "whoa........." and the other half is saying "That's just so disrespectful". Add another reason to the list why I'd rather be cremated <sp?>

The skeleton sent out the faintest, but still distinguishable (!) glow of fluorescent light.

Bleached bones glow like they're under a blacklight in the moonlight. I find cow bones all the time out in the sticks here. There actually easier to find during a full moon because they stand out so much. A little starlight would prolly make em' glow too in the right place, like a cemetary :pale:

I found a javelina skull, complete top and bottom, teeth and all years ago at night. Long story short, it almost cost me a pair of underwear when I first found it :shock: Now it just sits on a shelf, reminding me that monsters do indeed still lurk in the dark :wink:

Dude that's put me right off my cheerios

some most interesting views to this post! i shot the heck out of this thing thinking i would never run into another in my life. i went back last night and the skull was tilted to the right...i assume from the water level change. i too am on the fence with my feelings; incredibly curious and not believing i found it to such a disrepectful situation! i sometimes feel a bit uneasy having the images on the computer...but keep looking at them! strange creatures we are, eh?

jonmikal said:
i sometimes feel a bit uneasy having the images on the computer...but keep looking at them! strange creatures we are, eh?

It's like watching an emergency room show on TLC or slowing down going past a car accident. I think it brings us in touch with our own mortality, and that's a thing wrapped up in very mixed feelings--fear, curiosity, etc.

Everything aside, it is an interesting picture! You have to admit, it envokes a reaction! :roll:

jonmikal said:
i immediately contacted the caretaker and he didn't care! :scratch:

Wow, not only insane, but probably illegal. I can't image that this complies with laws about the storage of human remains.

Here in my hometown there was recently a huge fuss about how the caretakers weren't sweeping grass clipping from the tombstones. Those folks would flip out if they saw this!

Just an update: My wife was so upset with this she called the owner and threatened to contact the press if something wasn't done. The remains were removed and placed in an inexpensive coffin and properly buried yesterday! Cooperative efforts with the owner and neighborhood are in place to pull regular maintenance in the hope of preventing this from happening again!

wow... that's crazy. We have an old cemetary in our town where the more affluent members of the town founders are buried. That has heavy duty maintenance done on it every year, not to mention the regular care.

terri said:
Send it to a news editor. TV or paper. Get an investigative reporter out there. That is not only unsanitary, it is disrespectful to anyone who paid to have a plot there.

It'll be looked into within hours once you get reporters involved. Don't wait for the state.

I agree! Also, contact the local environmental agency. There should be a licensing agency for cemetaries too but the media is probably the best bet for stirring things up quick!

If you don't get anywhere with the media let me know. I work with an AP paper and may be able to help you get their attention if you are in the States.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back