The first photo of my new baby. (It's not human)

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Dubious Drewski, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Dubious Drewski

Dubious Drewski TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I finally managed to accumulate the cash for it. I can finally stop whining to my peers on photo club outings that "I can't get that shot, because I don't have a telephoto. Hmph!"

Here's my wonderful Pentax 50-135, lit up on my floor, and looking marvelous:
    [​IMG]
    You guys know I'm usually very brand-neutral, right? I support any brand that deserves the respect and if someone asks me "Which brand is best?", I would never say something like "Pentax! Duh."

BUT, I cannot help but point out that this brand new lens, for $750, gives me f2.8, ED glass, SDM focusing, quick-shift(manual override) focusing and weather proof sealing. All while being much more compact and lightweight than any other f2.8 lens out there. (1.5 pounds, 5 inches tall) Internal focusing components mean the lens never gets longer than 5 inches too. Now for the first time, my whole camera is completely 100% safe from rain. I mean, c'mon! Name me one other lens out there with attributes like that, for that price.

Anyway, enough gloating. Time to go out and shoot some stuff!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  2. sabbath999

sabbath999 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    OK.... now that we have seen a picture OF it, let's see some picture THROUGH it!

3. elemental

elemental TPF Noob!

I am very jealous.

I always try to resist the urge to answer "what camera should I buy?" questions with "Pentax!" instead of providing more sound advice (it's what separates us from the Canikon zombies, after all), but the already sweet deal just keeps getting sweeter. Now get out in the rain and take some pictures!

4. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It's alright...but it's not white and it doesn't have a red ring. :lol: ;)

5. Dubious Drewski

Dubious Drewski TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Har har. Oh what a joker!

Sadly, I am at work at this moment. I will not be able to use it in the daytime until this friday. Oi! I guess that's why it's f2.8, I guess I should try it out in the dark outdoors, huh.

Alright, I'll shoot something tonight after I get home.