Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 shortage?

bhop

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Everywhere I look, this lens is sold out. (at least the Nikon version) I was considering ordering one yesterday. After weeks of out of stock status, It was actually in stock at bhphoto when I was at work, when I got home, it was out of stock again.

Is this lens really this great? Demand seems to be pretty high.

A fair number of Nikon lenses have been in short supply lately. The latest crop of Nikon cameras have been very good and plenty of people are dropping their system (Canon) and moving to Nikon...and they want good lenses.

Man, I want this lens too. I mean, I don't have the money for it, but I need an ultrawide for my landscape work. It's a lens I'll get getting a somepoint, hope it's in stock by then.

how in god's name is that place legit?
You can get a D700 for $1900 there!!??!

And a D700+ 14-24 lens for $3400. . .that's either insane cheap, grey market, or a scam. . .

<--- Bows head in shame, backs away silently preparing for hari kari.. :blushing: :hail: who will remove my head with honor?

Well I think its faster, sharper, and cheaper than anything Nikon offers. Seems you can find the Canon versions pretty easily; they don't seem to be out of stock as often, but there is more competition with the canon 10-20. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one myself.

Most reactions

Back