The Floor is Lava

Curt-Kurt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are from a photoshoot with a local band from a few weeks ago. Ive got a few more coming up, and I could use some critique.

4610349459_3a42fb77ed.jpg

4610349455_777525b681.jpg

4610349461_6c6966b48f.jpg

C+C?

Some nice work there! C&C per req:

1. I like the idea here, but I would prefer to see your shooting position raised up a little- the 'up the nose' pose is rarely flattering, though for some reason it always looks good through the viewfinder. As well, your keylight is a bit strong here. Think a two-light setup with a reduced power would have worked better. There's a lot of unused space image left, and I think a slight move to your left would have made the subjects much more visible. As-is, they're a bit small and hard to see see. I like the flare over the last person's shoulder!

2. Interesting and unusal composition, but I'm not sure that the individual members are distinct enough to be easly recongizable.

3. Nice, but I wonder if perhaps a light image left, to provide just a bit of illumination to her right eye area and hair wouldn't have helped? Say about 3 stops down with a set of barn doors?

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

i was hoping a band picture would include the style of music the band plays. It kind of look like normal photos with a bunch of friends.

1. Some feet on the people would be nice, OR go to a total half-body shot, cropped at the thighs. A little bit straighter-on angle would also help keep the size of the people more consistent.

2. I think you allotted too much space to the thing on the barn roof, whatever that is. The 1/3 allotment to the sky area makes their faces very small in the final shot. I'd be tempted to clone out the wooden arm, and crop in on them, boosting the size of their faces.

3. tirediron's suggestion of some light from camera left is spot-on. Any kind of flash would have helped the shot by giving her a bit of eye sparkle and a little separation from the background.

i like the second one the most. looks like something id see at last.fm

Most reactions

New Topics

Back