The legendary CANON 80-200mm f2.8 ELLLL

Thor the Mighty

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.artwanted.com
so after a month of saving up for a canon 70-200mm f2.8 usm L i found an 80-200mm f2.8 L on KEH.com but its in bargain condition which means its going to look like trash. my question to all of you is do you know where i can get one of these lenses because they're really hard to find but i just cant spend 1100 bucks on a freakin white lens. any advice/guidance is appreciated.

The 80-200 F2.8 L...aka: The Magic Drain Pipe.

I scan E-bay for these, from time to time. I'm going to rent one for a wedding in August. I hear the image quality is just as good as the newer ones.

If you're saving up for the white one, might as well go all the way and get the F2.8 IS.

My advice...

Call up KEH and find out just exactly why the lens is BGN condition... it might be something that is acceptable for your purposes.

Since your budget is under $1100 (as you admitted), finding a quality lens of that caliber will require some sacrifices....

don't make assumptions...

yeah sigma is out of the question. i've read up on this drainpipe deal and its exactly what im looking for. i dont care if its white, and if i did then yeah the IS version would be the way to go but there aint enough money in my account to make that happen hahah. thanks for the catch on ebay hopefully ill get paid before it ends. any idea on how high that thing will go?

yeah sigma is out of the question. i've read up on this drainpipe deal and its exactly what im looking for. i dont care if its white, and if i did then yeah the IS version would be the way to go but there aint enough money in my account to make that happen hahah. thanks for the catch on ebay hopefully ill get paid before it ends. any idea on how high that thing will go?

Its not white
Its not IS
but don't forget it isn't USM either.

how high on ebay.. you guess is as much as mine...

I´ve had mine since 1993

LOVE IT

...and I´m sorry but you cant´have it...:cheers:

Its not white
Its not IS
but don't forget it isn't USM either.

Hence the third-party suggestion which would have USM... but then I guess you wouldn't be able to tell people you have L glass :p

Just got my 70-200 f/2.8 USM. This is one large, heavy lens! $1140 at B&H and $14 Shipping.(USA warranty) You can find it for about $20 less at other sites but I am not sure how reputable they are. The IS version is MUCH more expensive.

Most reactions

Back