The Limo Driver

kdthomas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is the instant he saw the camera. I hit the shutter just at that split second, it was magic. I don't think it even registered that he was being photographed. I looked up from the lens and smiled and waved, and he smiled and nodded back, and I knew without even looking I had a keeper!

LimoDriver (1 of 1).jpg

Yes, good catch.

I like it. Did you use a noise filter in post? Looks quite noisy, but t fits the scene imo.

I like it. Did you use a noise filter in post? Looks quite noisy, but t fits the scene imo.

Thanks! Actually it was starting to get dark so I had the ISO up to 6400 I think

Don't know a thing about street photography, but I do like this! It's got quite an interesting mood to it.

Don't know a thing about street photography, but I do like this! It's got quite an interesting mood to it.

Well, one technique that I've started to tinker with (and I learned it from watching a TV series, of all things) ... is to hold the camera on the subject and click the shutter just the instant they notice you. That way you capture them thinking about and being absorbed in their own moment, except now their eyes are pointed at the viewer.

I find that I need a tele though, otherwise they notice me too soon, and it spoils the moment. This was an old 200 mm DX kit lens on my D810.

Thanks! Actually it was starting to get dark so I had the ISO up to 6400 I think
Yes I saw that, just thought 6400 would be less on the 810. It's about the amount of noise I see on my 450D at 800-1600...

Nicely done!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back