The mighty eventually fall

Wow, Ron.. Amazing woodworking! You're a real mountain man.. Not too many of you left. I can't remember the last time I saw someone split wood with an axe.. Log splitters are all the rage around here... I, for one, admire your work ethic.

Beautiful! Love the two tone dovetails & precise miters.

This is a guitar I posted a while back. I did not have the honor of thanking the tree.

Thanks for digging those up.

-Shea

Amazing woodworking, you really have a talent in it.

Yes Sitka, (ggod eye) a nice ole timer bought the stock to make small craft spars and then let it air dry for 10 years. Lucky for me it was quarter sawed and the grain pretty tight, the spars never cut.

You would have loved Chuck, he retired from a life of cabinet and aviation woodwork, jigs and fixtures, Lockheed circa 1944 et all. Then he opened his shop to a few craftsman and continued to make custom furniture until his death around age 84.

It was a dream shop; 20" band saw (I resawed the koa from 4/4 stock after hand sharpening the blade), 15in thickness planer, joiner, double table saw with beesmier fences, rounting table, shaper, 2 lathes, drill press - basically fully equipped. The was so much stock around you hardly ever had to buy any materials. I still have a bowl he made with a graph in it, a tougher (resistant) walnut that was converted to black walnut.

I loved woodworking so much I decided I would not do it for money any longer and I still hope to be successful enough to have my own little shop one day, and maybe I can open house like my ole buddy Chuck. Good times.

-Shea

Most reactions

New Topics

Back