Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
D750
f/11
ISO 400
1/400 Sec.
200 - 500 mm - f/5.6 ED VR
500 mm

(Manual Mode On A Tripod From My Living Room.)

(Processed In Both LR & Silver Efex Pro 2.)

untitled-6-Edit.jpg

Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.

Enezdez

It turned out nicely.

I always wonder why people use a small lens aperture, like f/11.

With the moon being about 250,000 MILES away you can use f/1 and still have massively deep depth of field, because the DoF is more about the point of focus distance than it is the lens aperture.

With a full frame camera, 500 mm and a point of focus (PoF) distance of 100,000 feet from the camera the near limit of the DoF is about 27,00 feet away and the far limit was at infinity at a PoF of 7900 feet.
Using f.5.6 the near limit is at infinity with a POF of 4000 feet.

Nice capture. First, the standard moon photo response - for more interest, try any phase of the moon except when it's full; the shadows will allow you to really bring out craters and other features. As for the editing of this shot, it looks pretty good. I think you might see some nice improvement by pushing clarity and sharpness a bit further here, as you'd be amazed how much more detail you can bring out, even when the original detail might look a little soft.

It turned out nicely.

I always wonder why people use a small lens aperture, like f/11.

With the moon being about 250,000 MILES away you can use f/1 and still have massively deep depth of field, because the DoF is more about the point of focus distance than it is the lens aperture.

With a full frame camera, 500 mm and a point of focus (PoF) distance of 100,000 feet from the camera the near limit of the DoF is about 27,00 feet away and the far limit was at infinity at a PoF of 7900 feet.
Using f.5.6 the near limit is at infinity with a POF of 4000 feet.

Nice capture. First, the standard moon photo response - for more interest, try any phase of the moon except when it's full; the shadows will allow you to really bring out craters and other features. As for the editing of this shot, it looks pretty good. I think you might see some nice improvement by pushing clarity and sharpness a bit further here, as you'd be amazed how much more detail you can bring out, even when the original detail might look a little soft.

Thank you both, last night was the first time I attempted to shoot the Moon. I failed miserably the first six tries (I was in Aperture Priority). All six shots were "Way Over Exposed" (I hope i did not damage the camera i.e. sensor). Can either of you please let me know if I have anything to worry about???

Then I Went To Youtube Got The Instructions/Recipe, As Easy As Baking A Pie. I plan to play with other "Moon Phases" like you suggested Adamhiram in the near future.

I have another question can I shoot "Night Time Photography" much in the same manner placing the camera in Manual Mode & where the ISO Equals The Shutter Speed to get a CORRECT EXPOSURE??? Similar like when shooting the Moon???

Thank you both again for your complimentary words & your reply to my questtions!

Enezdez

You have nothing to worry about regards overexposing the Moon.

Though the Moon is reflecting sunlight the Moon is not very reflective. On average the Moon is about as reflective as worn asphalt.

You have nothing to worry about regards overexposing the Moon.

Though the Moon is reflecting sunlight the Moon is not very reflective. On average the Moon is about as reflective as worn asphalt.

Thank You!!!

Most reactions

Back