the most have accessories for a new DSLR

DeepSpring

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshualights.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I'm ordering a Rebel xt on sunday from adorama and have a tiny bit of extra money to play with after that and a memory card. Any cheap accessories that really make life easier? Or some nice bonuses to go with the xt?

depends on how much you have to spend.

the BG-E3 mattery grip is a must have for the xt (which will also lead you to needing to purchase an extra battery) i think it runs around $150

if you dont have much to spend, you may want to look into a tripod. another must have accessory. you can find a cheap one for like $20-60. i believe i payed about $160 for mine.

if you want to jump straight into some glass, id suggest a 50mm f/1.8, which will run you around $70-80. great prime lense for youre collection. theres is also a f/1.4 and a f/1.2L. but they will run you quite a bit more for them.

The battery is a little bit to much for right now but that's on my future list. I have a decent tripod for now and my 50mm f/1.8 just came in the mail yesterday : )

I was thinking more on the lines of $10 - $20 ish small things but thanks

I'd look into filters. Cokin sells filters for around $20 but you'll need the mounting system as well which is about $15 aside from the filter.

Like Digital Matt said... unless you want to take a pic of a $20 bill ... it won't go too far.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back