The new world of Windows

neea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's all over the news, all over the web. The new and improved world of being a pc owner.
Just wondering if any of you have tried it. I dont know if it's released yet or when it will be.
Apparently it's supposed to be very usefull to photographers I read somewhere. Making it easier to search for pictures.

Any opinions?
Anyone happy with the current version? Anyone rushing out to get this 'improvement'?

just one question, can you make it look like Windows 95?? or better still Windows 3.11

It's all over the news but it certainly hasn't "wowed" me. They have made the interface shiny, which looks nice, but it is resource hungry. I also don't like the tiered system, Basic, Premium, Ultimate. A lot of the "neat" features are Premium, which is of course much more demanding on your computer. Just not worth the money in my opinion, not enough change.

Here is a nice guide to upgrading for you, so you can make the choice:

Part I
Part II
Part III

Eric.

I installed it on a partotioned drive to try it out. I dont think I will be staying with it as it uses a lot of system resources just to run and I dont have any problems with XP. To be honest, it looked like XP and OSX did some love making and Vista was the offspring.

It uses "gadgets" like OSX, which are small programs that will stay on the desktop. You can have things like the weather, stocks, and a photo viewer. Essentially it is a 200 X 200 pixel slideshow that you can click on and it goes right into your photo folder. To me it seemed like a fancy shortcut.

IMHO, if you dont have problems with XP, dont switch. At least not for the time being. Give it some time.

From what I've heard there are a few BSOD's happening and it's very resources intensive. Oh and something called User Access Contro is a pain in the arse. But other than that is very good. In 18th months or so I'll upgrade to 2GB ram and get it.

Most reactions

Back