The People of Osu In Nagoya Japan (3/4)

Nagoya es a very Bizarre city :)

So how do you think the people would have reacted had you held the camera to your eye when focusing?

Gary

If you look at the other 4 parts you'll see that most of it was with camera at eye level.

of the people who noticed the camera who I in turn noticed had noticed (~300 est.):
  • 80% of the people just acknowledged my presence and smiled.
  • 15% posed for the camera. (I didn't shoot many of those - I just smiled at them)
  • 4% were surprised and didn't know how to react.
  • 1% (actually less, 2 people out of the about 300 people that became aware of the camera before or after the photo was taken) acted perturbed and put on a mean face.

or something like that. ;)

Nice shots, let alone that you took them in manual mode (??), but why is everyone but the girl on the bike trying to look American?? :confused:

Edit: I just realized these were shot with a P&S and so manual mode is to be expected.

Thanks for the compliment! Very appreciated!

Japan people try to copy the better aspects of western culture. It's a fad that's been building since 1800 or so. I think it popped in about 1980 or 85. :D

I'm confused about the remark in the EDIT though. It's a P&S so wouldn't most people be using it in full auto or at least in A or S priority modes? I wanted to practice speedily using manual so I set the exposure mode to manual and set the focus mode to tracking to see how the tracking worked in low light and to see how the Anti-Shake system worked together with that.

Nagoya es a very Bizarre city :)

Hehehe... Japan is a bizarre country :D but like any culture I suppose after you become familiar it all starts to make sense. ;)

Japan people try to copy the better aspects of western culture. It's a fad that's been building since 1800 or so. I think it popped in about 1980 or 85. :D
Ahhh, I see...:lmao: :lol: :lmao:
I'm confused about the remark in the EDIT though. It's a P&S so wouldn't most people be using it in full auto or at least in A or S priority modes? I wanted to practice speedily using manual so I set the exposure mode to manual and set the focus mode to tracking to see how the tracking worked in low light and to see how the Anti-Shake system worked together with that.
I didn't even look to see what features your cameras had, just assumed it was one of the many (too many) cameras that don't have A or S modes just manual and in manual all you can do is change the color and saturation, autofocus mode, exposure compensation, white balance, file size and maybe the ISO limits :(. Most people would set it to auto and forget it, but I wouldn't consider you part of that group of most people :).

Oh I see. No it's not a compact. It's one of those wanna-be dSLRs that overcompensate for general low quality with ultra high end features that work well but not too well. :D

In my case it's one from about four years back called the Konica/Minolta dIMAGE A2. The feature set is better than most dSLRs on the market even today still but it's quality (with a 2/3" CCD sensor :p ) is lower than all. I compensate with a little photoshop here and there. :D

LOL yeah, but "posing for the camera" in Japan means stopping, putting on a silly fake smile, holding up the the two-finger peace sign, and waiting for the click. :( Not really what I was trying to do here if you know what I mean. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back