The Photographer's Kids . . .

twocolor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.twocolorphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What's the saying, the plumber's toilet is always clogged? Well, I finally went out and did a session with my own kiddos. The matching shirts we had ordered came in today and they looked soooo cute. So on a whim, we did hair, washed faces and found a place to shoot!

1. My youngest boy
2657921764_0e81cb8805.jpg

2. My oldest boy
2657094251_5017564844.jpg

3. My beautiful baby daughter!
2657094061_49d61db335.jpg

4. My oldest daughter
2657093865_d39d5435c1.jpg

5. All of them!
I think the photogapher's kids never have a natural look on their face because they're sick of the camera being stuck in their faces!
2657920994_e907883146.jpg

sigh, at least their individual shots were pretty cute!

#3 is great. She pops out of the image real nicely, without being overexposed. I am a big fan of the lighting balance. Facial expression is good too. Not a fan of the angle on #2. He looks like a skinny kid, but the angle gives him a second chin. I like the composition though.

You can probably achieve some real nice results by turning some of these into high-contrast black and whites.

Have anyone else you trust to snap the photos? Might get better results from your kids if the photographer isnt mommy.

I would try some shots of them on steps or stairs at a park and have them jump towards you, most of the time you can get a couple of nice pics right before they jump when they are getting excited...

I have the same problem with my kids.
Solution? Dad stands over my shoulder, or grandpa, even uncle, and makes them laugh. Works like a charm to get good natural looks on their otherwise bored and sometimes grumpy faces.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back