The Return of Sylvi...Simplicity

NJMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I wanted this portrait to exemplify a sense of softness, warmth and genuine simplicity. C&C always welcome. Thanks for looking! :)

IMG_2521_4_600_2_vig.jpg

Thanks for looking.

NJ

you captured it perfectly! great eyes and use of DOF! im assuming you used the 50mm, nice processing.

It seems sort of dark on my monitor but I do think it might just be my monitor. Hey eyes look gorgeous. I like the first one better but the second one is beautiful as well. Great job! :)

I like this one better NJ. Just to be a pain in the ass, now try it with the lips, eyebrows and tip of the nose sharp as well as the eyes.

It seems sort of dark on my monitor but I do think it might just be my monitor. Hey eyes look gorgeous. I like the first one better but the second one is beautiful as well. Great job! :)

Thank Kathi. I appreciate the kind words.

I like this one better NJ. Just to be a pain in the ass, now try it with the lips, eyebrows and tip of the nose sharp as well as the eyes.

Yes, you sure are a pain in the ass. just kidding of course! ;-) Thanks for the tips my friend.

I'm gonna be hard on you NY, because you are to that point now.
The photo is about a half stop too dark. The camera right eye is a bit soft, but can be brought back.
It's a great photo, but not a show stopper. But it could be. Manually darken the edges. Nothing contrived. Lighten the photo a smooch and sharpen the eyes and I think you have a winner.
I hope you understand why I was harder on you than most people. It's 'cause you have it all going on.
Love and smooches.

I'm gonna be hard on you NY, because you are to that point now.
The photo is about a half stop too dark. The camera right eye is a bit soft, but can be brought back.
It's a great photo, but not a show stopper. But it could be. Manually darken the edges. Nothing contrived. Lighten the photo a smooch and sharpen the eyes and I think you have a winner.
I hope you understand why I was harder on you than most people. It's 'cause you have it all going on.
Love and smooches.

You have no idea how much I appreciate your candor Cindy. That is what I need, straight up honesty, and you have definitely given me that. Your critique is well received. I am very grateful, thank you!

NJ

My pleasure. You are a definate up and comer. You have it all going on. All you need now is the little prods and pokes to get you to your full potential.
Im honored to help.

It's true what elsapet is saying NJ. I've sent you a PM.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back