suemack

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Couple of photos taken yesturday with Canon 300D and 90-300mmUSM lens

The Rose
flower-unblurred.jpg

and the Seagull
7.jpg

was pleased with the gull. Taken at 200mm handheld. The only thing I wouldn't mind trying to do is to lighten under the wing feathers slightly. Have been trying with ps7 but very unsatisfied with results sofar.

sue

Both are nice shots Sue, but I would brighten them both up overall, and give them more contrast. I don't think the gull shot needs a fixing of the under wing part, but if you were going to, just use a curves adjustment layer and bring up the shadows a bit, then mask it off completely, and paint white on the wing area.

Funny thing about Michigan is that seagulls only appear in grocery store parking lots picking at thrash.... Maybe I should go there to take a shot next time!

That's awesome BTW, you can actually see the feathers reflecting the light!

thanks Matt....will try that and repost the results

;) I go downtown Whangarei MC and get my seagull pics there :D

sue

:wink: I'd wait for a couple more months Kara.....tis still very wet and muddy :roll:

adjusted brightness and contrast.....not sure if enough on the gull but didn't want to go o/board

rose 2
roseredone.jpg

and the gull 2
seagull2brightened.jpg

sue

I like the seagull but after reading a topic I thought that both the rose and the bird would be on one photo... it would be a nice composition :)

I like the adjustments you've made on the rose. I love the seagull in both shots, the composition is great and the play between darkeness and light works really well here.

I really, really hate seagulls. I agree with the phrase "rats with wings"

After saying that, your seagull picture almost makes me change my mind :) Guess even seagulls can look appealing at times.......Good photo!

"I really, really hate seagulls. I agree with the phrase - rats with wings"

Nah, I think seaguls are cool, they have attitude! Not every bird will drop on you and steal your fish and chips! :D

Oh, and I love both the pics, seagul looks awsome, captured its movement real well!

I really, really hate seagulls. I agree with the phrase - rats with wings"

haha you think? i call pigeons rats with wngs, flying rats, but then again im not sure why as i love rats,they are really intelligant for a start, but i hate pigeons

i guess if i lived by the sea i would probabbly hate seaguls

I'm not fond of s&%t hawks, er, I mean seaguls, but that's a good picture.

:lol: Thanks for all the kind comments ............the best thing about seagulls is :wink: they're so readily available as models :D

sue

Most reactions

New Topics

Back