The walker

shorty6049

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
what do you think?

balc.jpg

bump, i cant get better if nobody tells me their opinion. I know its hard to take time out of your life to do it (and i'm not being sarcastic, i skip over threads all the time) but i'll try to comment on more peoples if you'll do the same for me

Well, I was thinking if you shot the photo at an angle from the other side of his head it would 1. get rid of the human legs and 2. the sun wouldn't be creating such a dark/black shadow on the visible side of his head.

As well, you might want to consider dropping down more on his eye level for perspective and to avoid your own shadow.

I like the shot. Cute puppy.

The other thing I was thinking was the puppy is the main subject. Try filling your frame more with him(or cropping in PP).

I asked about the lens to see if you could either blur the back or try blowing it out with a zoom.

I think that is all that is bubbling up in my head.

are you showing the shoes or the dog?

im assuming the dog..
get down to the dogs level, get the dog in the centre, and its too dark to see the dogs face. get rid of background distractions.. eg, peoples legs

Well, I assume you chose that wide angle on purpose? And you mean by "the walker" more than just the dog to needs to go walkies, but also the person who needs to lead that dog for walkies, so that is why I assume you deliberately chose to show both feet/shoes and dog?

That said, here is my personal opinion: I am not quite so fond of the effect the wide angle is having on the dogs shape. It distorts him quite a bit.

BUT: there are always others who see things all differently and who will LIKE this photo for THIS VERY aspect. So there...

What I do miss (kind of sorely) are his hind legs. I think, if his very big and prominent head were combined with a WHOLE dog, I'd like this photo better (and there would have been room to include the hind legs, see the space on the left ;)).

laFoto- I did choose the wide angle on purpose, and I dont remember if i was trying to get the feet and the dog, but after i saw it, i decided i liked it more that way . My mom is CONSTANTLY walking that dog, and i think maybe its a better photo if you knew that previously, wich is why maybe its more suited to just me... but the lens i used was just the build in lens on my sony h1, i took this picture a couple years ago.

Most reactions

Back