The "What did you get for Christmas" Photography thread

SuzukiGS750EZ

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys! Just curious to see if any of you got photog gifts! I use canon gear myself and got a 50mm 1.8 stm & a luma labs cinch strap. I got myself last week a tamron 150-600 G2 and with that the tap-in console a well. What a lens! Heavier than I had imagined. In the future I will get the tamron 1.4x teleconverter, but for now I've got to learn how to get my subjects in the frame at the long end lol.

Indirectly: I bought a Spyder5 calibrator with the Amazon gift card I got from another site. Otherwise, I got POLAR BEARS and a book on North American Cartography:boogie:

Nikon AF-S 85mm F1.8G. Can't wait to use it for it's real purpose soon, haha.

Nothing :( nobody loves me..............Booo Hooo

I didn't get a direct photography gift but received $550.00 in Amazon gift cards which will be mainly used for it. Already ordered a bulk film loader, 100ft roll of Kodak T-Max 100, Peterson developing tank, and a 5 pack of Kodak Ektar 100 120. Got about 400 to go.

Sent from my XT1254 using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

I didn't get anything photographic. But I did get something I can shoot with.........
fiufiu.gif

I think I did pretty good. I received 2 magmod basic kits, mag sphere, mag bounce, Magmod gel wallet, 3 light stands, two 42" umbrellas, one 60" umbrella, two 2x3' soft boxes with grids, one 36" octabox with grid, three flash brackets, case logic kontrast bag, a 5in1 reflector and some storacell AA battery holders.

considering I'm still of to a new start, I decided on getting myself a New MacBook Pro on that Best Buy special 18 month finance. I needed something that would give me faster processing and perfect representation of my images, I also plan on doing video. what did I actually ask and receive as gifts? well theres aukey wide angle/Macro and a fisheye lens for my iPhone 7. A lapel mic for videos, a grey card that is portable, and a pop socket for my iPhone as well so I can have a better hold when taking photos and videos even though it already has OIS.

Nikon kept teasing me with the prices of their 35 and 50mm primes. Since they rarely Ever drop these prices, I figured I might as well get the 50mm 1.8 at the normal "used" price.
Even though I don't use the Nikon D5100 much anymore, someday I see myself getting into a D750 or similar.

IMG_5934.JPG
I have to admit I was skeptical of this product but now I am completely in love with it!

Apple Watch 2.

Not only does it show me a different photo of baby girl every time I raise my arm, it can also act as a shutter release and remote display for the iPhone camera and who know what else this thing can do!

Most reactions

Back