The Windmill

Fujidave

Blue eyed and Beautiful
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is West Blatchington windmill, just up the road from us when I take Susie round the block. It has to be cropped like this as there is a lot of tree`s in the way and cars parked. Taken with the X-T2 + XF 18-55mm this morning.

DSCF9160.jpg

Nice shot Fujidave, clear blue sky as well. :encouragement:

To my eye, the image lacks impact and drama. I generally shoot for drama, consequently I always look for same. For a different approach, you can add some drama by going with a high contrast, B&W. But if you are totally happy with what you have, then ... don't worry, be happy. We all see differently and shoot differently.

To my eye, the image lacks impact and drama. I generally shoot for drama, consequently I always look for same. For a different approach, you can add some drama by going with a high contrast, B&W. But if you are totally happy with what you have, then ... don't worry, be happy. We all see differently and shoot differently.

Thank you Gary, I will try that in a bit and put it in here.

Just a quick go in Affinity Photo, this was the Raw and gave it the OTT look but I do like it..lol

DSCF9160.jpg

Those pesky trees, power poles, cars, people, always seem to be in the way. That's what's nice about post, you can make them magically disappear. LOL

I think Gary gave you some great advice (did I really just say that? LOL). I much prefer the conversion. Maybe go in and just a tad to the shadow detail on the windmill. Not much just enough to hint at the structure hidden in the black

Cheers @smoke665 , here`s another quick one. It is fun this AP lark..lol

DSCF9160x.jpg

These all work for me. But, (the big but), I’d go for a lot more detail and a white sky ... the black(s) made be a bit too much drama, a la melodramatic, lol. But this is your photo, adjust to your tastes. How familiar are you with Affinity?

Hi Gary, I am still very much learning with Affinity even though I have the book too. I like to try new edits and even go OTT on them.

DSCF9160.jpg

Last one, I finished off in Nik Collection after Affinity :)

DSCF9161-Edit.jpg

here`s another quick one. It is fun this AP lark..lol

Sorry didn't make myself clear. Raise the detail in the shadows of the windmill, not the whole image. This is where adjustment brushes (assuming affinity has this) come into play by being highly selective. Here's a quick edit example, notice the shadow (one of the blades) within the shadow. Look beyond the obvious. as little details can add interest.

DSCF9160-3.jpg

Sorry @smoke665 that I did not fully understand your post. Your edit does bring it out more, Affinity does have the brushes I just need to give them a try glad I got the Raw files to practice on.

The first version seems very good, with great clarity in the details. I like the combination of the two colors: blue and gray.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back