The worse part about where I live.......

Nothing wrong here, everything is Just Jazzie! :)

Well... if you ask anyone else, it's the fact that I live here, but if you ask me it's the fact that the only place in town that served deep-fried haggis and chips shut down! :(
Do I even want to ask what that is?

Incredibly tasty is what it is

Well... if you ask anyone else, it's the fact that I live here, but if you ask me it's the fact that the only place in town that served deep-fried haggis and chips shut down! :(
Do I even want to ask what that is?
Haggis. Sliced & deep-fried. Dee-friggin'-licious!! ('though maybe not optimally heart-healthy)

The best way to eat haggis is on a morning roll (either crispy or soft), topped with a fried egg and brown sauce. Tattie scones are an optional extra.

The worst thing about where I live is Politics.

Overcast, gloomy, grey days with no light, cold drizzle and wind. Worse than Seattle, where it is just gray, not really grey like London.

You might not have much of a library but i bet you have some great senary to photograph, unlike me who has a massive well stocked library and live in a brick and concrete jungle. :(

John.

The rampant poverty, alcoholism and drug use.

Oh and snow.
I watched a program about Las Vagas last night and it shocked me how bad it was for pimps, drugs, murders people are being murdered for a pair of trainers, 12 year olds are carrying guns and using them bit more to worry about than the books stocked at a library

The rampant poverty, alcoholism and drug use.

Oh and snow.
I watched a program about Las Vagas last night and it shocked me how bad it was for pimps, drugs, murders people are being murdered for a pair of trainers, 12 year olds are carrying guns and using them bit more to worry about than the books stocked at a library

I don't live there.

Your lucky then I wouldn't go there

I've been there twice for a conference. If you stay on the tourist side it's fine , go to the "local" side and its rough.

It's just a gross city full of excess and filth.

Worst part about my area - deer poaching. Its real interesting, especially this time of year, to be sitting in your home watching TV and some doofus comes along spotlighting deer in the nearby horse pastures and shines the spotlight into your house in the process....even better to have a gun blast nearby. I should be used to it after 18 years of living in this area, but it still rattles my nerves.

They have to use bow & arrow in my area.

The one thing I don't like about where we live is the lack of diversity. For a town that is less than 10 miles from a major city (Boston), you would expect to find a bigger mix of people but the population here is pretty homogeneous. Just about everyone who lives here is a white, married, Christian, Democrat (it is Massachusetts after all). I'm not implying that the people in our city are closed minded or racist, it's just that the lack of diversity is something that I didn't really notice until we had been here a few years and my daughter started school and then, once noticed, it became glaring. Having grown up in a multi-cultural city, I sometimes find the lack of variety here (in people, restaurants, shops, opinions) to be extremely dull. I have made a conscious effort to expand my daughter's horizons in this regard and I feel that she is very open and accepting of everyone she meets but I worry that she is growing up with too much uniformity...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back