this is cool webcam

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
this is a link to live streaming video of a watering hole in Africa...runs 24/7. you can see all sorts of animals and people coming by for water. they say best viewing is between 7 a.m. - noon Botswana time, which is between 1 a.m. - 6 a.m. here on the east coast. waching for the last few minutes, i saw something :greenpbl: stroll by and lots of bugs light up the sky. very interesting to see.

http://www7.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/wildcamafrica/wildcam.html

i think ur just pausing your stream....doesnt it jump to live when you play again?

yep, when you pause it stops the feed, then jumps to live when you resume. earlier i saw the strangest looking thing...couldn't make it out. at night the pond is illuminated. glad you guys like it.

lol, did you just see that guinea come running in? :lmao:

cool an elephant justcame in...thats what sent those guineas running.....ok i'll calm down now.....lol too cool!

My question is who is running the camera. Maybe this is a conspiracy by the National Geographic society for us to sit and waste our lives away watchign animals on the other side of the world. :D

*Is seen clapping hands at seeing elephant cross a real live "Land Bridge"*

I looked at the title, and then quickly looked at the url (wildcam) and thought this was going to be one of those naughty cams. Its very cool, but i had different expectations ;)

Hey I saw some ostrichs walking by!

Really cool site, Thanks Jon! :D

(My cat loves this site too lol, she just wants to hug my computer all the time after hearing all the noises. :lol: )

Yeah, the ostriches are still there, feeding on the leaves of the trees.
The noises that go with the pictures are best - the picture is a bit on the tiny side for me, you see? But there were two very graceful four-legged animals carefully coming to the edge of the water (good prey for lions or so, I say!) and bowed down for a sip. Cool!

I don't think anyone is thirsty right now :( or needs a bath :)

Edit: oo! I think a bird flew by!!

Most reactions

Back