This months winner is a fraud!!

D-50

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What is up with this months photo of the month winner? This person obvously just cropped out there heads, I would say worst EDIT ever but by no mean picture, I thought the contest was to show a bad picture not an edit, who voted for this and why?

I thought that Photo of the month was voted on be members...:scratch:

If so, you can't complain...the public has spoken.

Winning this month's award is a dubious honor at best, and the public indeed clearly spoke. Besides, there was nothing mentioned in the rules about cropping... bad cropping is absolutely fair game, as well as bad editing (and everything else hideous you can do with a picture)...

There are many ways to destroy a shot, and cropping poorly is absolutely one of them. I say it is all fair dinkum.

There were some quite awful pictures, weren't there?

I will fess up... one of them was mine:

96-aug07photo02-bat3.jpg

Actually, I think mine is kind of pretty... but it in no way resembles what it actually is... which is (supposed to be) a picture of a bat which took off right as I pressed the shutter.

The public voted for george bush as well and Ill still complain about that chimp until he leaves office!!
I do not think a poor crop qualifies here. I doubt the person cropped the photo that way thinking "this is going to be good" whereas some of the other crap photos submitted were most likely attempts at taking a good photo that turned bad.

Poor subject anyway I vote to keep the photo of the month a contest of quality photography not screwups.

Which one did you submit?

I was Robbed! Robbed I tell you! I won! It was me! Everyone else Sucked!
*winkie smilie*

Just a side note: I wasn't nominated but it was a blatant corruption on the part of the entire conspiracy here. Really. You have to believe me.

This challenge was tricky, because it was very general. Many opinions could exist. What makes up a 'bad photo'?

This is why I didn't submit a picture... along with the fact that I don't take bad photos :D :D :D :D just kidding. I had my eyes open to something 'bad' to photograph, and almost took a picture of some awful diarrhea, but figured it'd spare you guys the sickness :D

but seriously, sure the image was cropped, and intentionally made bad, but if that hadn't won, who else would've won? How exactly do you judge a 'bad' picture?

I didn't really know what they wanted for bad...or if I had to have a "good" bad photo...lol. So I just skipped it..

I want to thank you for bringing this up because I was ging to hold mu tounge on it (besides the little comment I made in the voting thread) but I do agree this was not a bad photo. Actuall if it was not cropped it would be a decent enough image it is not even in the format of any sensor or negative. I know this is a voted on thing but I just don't think this image even qualified for the theme.

this challenge was sort of funny, but not really a god idea to have anyway...

so of all the images whcih went wrong by accident or on purpose, was the idea then to vote for the image which looked best of all the bloopers, and had intrinsically something interesting or nice to it ... or would you just vote for the worst image overall. but that would be a strange honour. also it is not best advertising for this forum to put up a blooper on its front page :p

The photo challenges have always been open to interpretation. And there has never been any band or limits on editing. The members judge what meets the subject or pushes the limits editing by voting. My favorite bad photo was the couple with the silly glass.

I will fess up... one of them was mine:

96-aug07photo02-bat3.jpg

Actually, I think mine is kind of pretty... but it in no way resembles what it actually is... which is (supposed to be) a picture of a bat which took off right as I pressed the shutter.
Sorry to disappoint you but this photo could conceivably win some sort of prize in a regular contest (Bird photos, Special Section), provocative and mysterious as it is.

This effort at badness was truly poor, IMO. I didn't take part because it didn't seem like it would be fair to shooters like you guys. Besides, some of us know how bad we are and don't need no steeenking contests to prove it ... ;)

Thank you JIP. Thats true about the size of the photo, I bet the original was decent as well. The picture of the flipflops was a bad photo an I feel it should have won, slightly out of focus, boring subject, overall a bad shot, no offense. In my opinion that is the winner, although with my opinion and $1.50 you can get a cup of coffee!

Most reactions

Back