JDP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pavleck.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Greetings,
I'm more looking for comments on the concept behind this. I'm trying to make the flag a very important background element - something that sort of ties this shot together. I think it's working out alright - I just need to go back when there's more wind.

Are the lines of the stone stairwell complimentary to the background?
To me, it seems perhaps I should have the flag element more to the right, to try to prevent the eye from following the line out of the picture.

Anyway, here it is:
244828107_a46255bf25_o.jpg

At first look, I'm not really seeing the flag as a main element of the picture. Maybe a little more depth of field so the flag is slightly more in focus? I might play with angles a little bit too.

Ok, I understand what you're trying to say. I don't want the flag to be the main element, really, but if I were to take the flag away you'd feel the picture is missing something, ya know?

I'm going to go at night and see if there's a light on the flag - if so I'll HDR 3-4 shots together and see what happens :)

Blur the forground and focus the flag to make it the main subject. Recrop to place the flag at the top-right third intersection.

As it is currently composed, it doesn't work to have the main subject as a supporting element.

I like the idea, ALOT. I'd give the picture just a little more DOF to bring the flag out more, not enough so it is a main part, but so it is a little more identifiable. Also if you can do this same thing but instead of the stone use a different subject, possibly a firefighters helmet? (just going on a patriotic theme) it would be awesome. Also for your night shot, if there isn't a light on the flag, you could try to put one on there with a flashlight.

Nice shot. My first impression is that the focus is on the stairwell. More focus needs to be on the flag...if that is what you're trying to accomplish. Regardless of your main focus...the image is nicely composed.

Tracy fine art photography by Tracy Reehal

Most reactions

New Topics

Back