Three daisies...

Senor Hound

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I find it really hard to make my flower shots look... well, interesting. They seem so boring and common. But this one seemed a little more unique. Any tips or things that aren't working for you, just let me know.

BTW, I had the wrong white balance on when I took it, so I fixed it the best I could. I think its still off, though. I wish my camera shot in RAW! :)

2586878574_2d3efc0102_o.jpg

It's interesting. I quite like the idea of the main flower, then the two "right-hand flowers" off to the sides. Did you use a wide-angle lens for this shot?

I would've liked it more if the two flowers to the edge of the photo were equally out of focus, but I guess there wasn't much you could do about that.

I like the composition and sharpness of the daisy; a little less DoF would have helped to blur the background more and make less distracting.

I like the composition and sharpness of the daisy; a little less DoF would have helped to blur the background more and make less distracting.

I was on (I believe) an f/2.8. But its a tiny-sensored point and shoot, so low DOF is not really possible. But when I get my DSLR, and try this again, I will definitely take this into consideration!

And I took it at a 36mm equivalent, in macro mode. That's as wide angle as my camera gets. :)

Yes. The blue tint is still noticeable. Actually, it was the first thing I saw. The photo could do with a further tad of warming the colour temps... other than that it is nice! I'm trying to picture you doubled over that stretch of lawn, getting the daisies just right :D ;)

some how those flowers look happy-Im not sure how to explain why I feel that way, but they just do...

Anyways

I like the composition it is different, I think you achived the interesting portion to this shot

The composition is indeed interesting in that it is a little tweak on something rather common. I like DOF, and I kind of like the steps out of focus from the middle, then the right, and then finally the left. I just think its interesting to look at.

I agree, sometimes it's hard to make a flower shot look interesting. I really like this image though. I hope you don't mind my edit. Just like you said, the white balance is a bit off, so I did some tweaks using Kubota Actions:

Midbright (Artistic V2)
Too Blue Tungsten Daylight 1 (V1) to fix the white balance
Deep Forest (V3)
Sloppy Border - Candy

Hope you like it!

daisies.jpg

Eryn
Kubota Image Tools Team

Boosted Contrast
Lowered Brightness
Slightly More Sharpened
Blurred out the background more

daisyeditwm7.jpg

Those are really cool edits! I didn't really do anything with my photo, as I don't know anything about Photoshop other than just clicking on everything in the menu and seeing what it does :)

I guess I need to bite the bullet and get a book or something.

Most reactions

Back