Thunder and lightning, Everybody was frightening

immski

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is one i cought during a recent storm after some not so good ones. It took me forever to get the exposure perfect and to be lucky too :wink:. 30 sec exp.

87101823-L.jpg

whoa... so you were... outside? in the woods? under a tree??? shooting lightening? oh my...

AWESOME shot! Wow. Love the purple colour, and that's a big bolt of lightning. You must be thrilled with this pic (I know I would be).

Yeah I had really wanted to for a long time then one night it just was lightning every where and I was like hey im going for it. 157 shots later I got this. Ironically this was my last one of the night. Frustrated from sub par shots i was like this is the last then im going in. right at the end of the exposure it struck! I was so happyy for sure

Hi Immski,

Lightning is my favourite photos, but sooooo hard to get.

Like you, it took me a long time to work out the settings, and by the time I thought I had them right, our storm season was over... :(

So I am really looking forward to October when it starts again.

I stood outside for three hours to get the shot below, click wait... click wait....of 120 trys, I got 4 keepers !!! I had no idea about RAW back then, so these were done in JPEG... Oh well ya learn I guess :)

Here is one I got last January, colour is as shot :

Lightning1.jpg

Hope you dont think I am hijacking your thread :)

Regards

Atlas
Brisbane
Australia

Great captures. Both Show the unforgiving power of lightning!

Most reactions

Back