Tilt-Shift Photography? Who's done it?

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I read about a Photoshop technique called "tilt-shift" and it's a new concept to me. This is my first attempt at it... I didn't have too many candidates available to test the technique out, this is the best shot I had.

tilt_shift_2.jpg

Has anyone else tinkered with this before? Got any pics you could share? Tips? Tricks?

Looks cool, link to something that explains the technique?

Very cool. Thanks for the link.

Your picture does remind me of a train set model... Did you play with the saturation levels as described in the tutorial? Mind posting the original?

looks awesome... here is my first attempts... it was pretty easy i think all you do is frost the outside of the photo pretty much... but it totally changes the photo...

Very nice - all of you.

I've been wanting to try this, but I generally don't take the type of pictures that would work for this.

I have been wanting an actual tilt/shift lens for a while now too. (Mostly for purposes other than this.)

Last edited:
Amazing how that changes the look of the image. It really makes things look like little toys.

I can see myself using this technique quite a bit with some of the pictures I take in warmer weather.

Hmm, I thought this thread was about using Tilt/Swing shifts on a Large Format camera.

This PS function appears just to be about using sharpness/blur to imitate a this camera/lens function.

Actually using tilts and swings on a large format camera is quite different in controlling focus and perspective.

Hmm, I thought this thread was about using Tilt/Swing shifts on a Large Format camera.

This PS function appears just to be about using sharpness/blur to imitate a this camera/lens function.

Actually using tilts and swings on a large format camera is quite different in controlling focus and perspective.

That's what I thought too; I don't remember every trying to achieve that look when I was shooting 4x5..

Those are simply amazing. Wow, great work! They really do look like models. Now I'm going to have to hit my local air shows this summer.

The boat really looks good. It almost looks like a PT boat from WWII.

Ok but the thread is about Tilt/Shift photography, not sure if it's on the same principle as what you posted(tilt/swing)... Are these two(different) terms supposed to describe the same type of technique?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back