time lapse question?

hangaround

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
happy forth of July to all of you. I am required to let everyone know that I am a horrible photographer per the terms of my release from the funny farm. Therefore I need some advice. I intend to try to take a boat from the coast of south Carolina around the great loop. If I am successful (don't run out of money) I will have traveled a few thousand miles at 5 miles per hour. lots of cities and landscape going by. I was thinking of getting a brinno or something but wanted to get some opinions on how I should set everything up. It seems to me that the shorter duration between photos and speeding up the frames per second would make the video look better. please let me know what you think.

happy forth of July to all of you. I am required to let everyone know that I am a horrible photographer per the terms of my release from the funny farm. Therefore I need some advice. I intend to try to take a boat from the coast of south Carolina around the great loop. If I am successful (don't run out of money) I will have traveled a few thousand miles at 5 miles per hour. lots of cities and landscape going by. I was thinking of getting a brinno or something but wanted to get some opinions on how I should set everything up. It seems to me that the shorter duration between photos and speeding up the frames per second would make the video look better. please let me know what you think.

a "brinno" would work. what is the "great loop" ?

it is a series of waterways that connects the east coast to the great lakes then to the gulf of Mexico. any advice the interval between pics?

A friend of mine did that loop last year and is doing the Louisiana to Chesapeake Bay piece even as I type.. I think they are almost to south FL on the Gulf side now. I can put you in touch if you want, just send me a PM and I'll give you contact info.
As far as photos are concerned I'd suggest just taking photos most of the time with time-lapse reserved for interesting parts - such as locks filling or in busy parts of the route.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back