TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C appreciated. Thanks.

4810822411_bd529278db_b.jpg

and as promised... here's Elmo...

4810892438_78c5b20dbc_b.jpg

#1 The wrong parts of the photo are in focus. Why do you want me to see the sign so clearly, but you blur the people?

#2 The textures of Elmo's fur look great. You have a good contrast between the sharp foreground and the semi-blurry background. However, the composition doesn't really work for me. The right hand, OOF, part of the image draws the eye away, but it's not really interesting enough to hold it. Elmo and the girl are in fairly static poses. The girl doesn't seem to have a purpose in this image. You don't really tell a story with this picture.

I always thought Elmo was really cute (as I used to imagine him TINY), but this size!?!?!? I'd scream and run, I guess ;) ;) ;). It would have been interesting to see the child's reaction on that huge Elmo...

thse aren't doing anything for me. #1 just semms like yo blindly pointed somewhere and took the pic on auto

Thanks for all the comments.

who is elmo?
The furry thing in photo #2

#1 The wrong parts of the photo are in focus. Why do you want me to see the sign so clearly, but you blur the people?
The sign was my subject. I tried shots with focus on the people, but then I couldn't get the sign to be legible and it just blended too much into the rest of the background.

#2 The textures of Elmo's fur look great. You have a good contrast between the sharp foreground and the semi-blurry background. However, the composition doesn't really work for me. The right hand, OOF, part of the image draws the eye away, but it's not really interesting enough to hold it. Elmo and the girl are in fairly static poses. The girl doesn't seem to have a purpose in this image. You don't really tell a story with this picture.
It was a missed opportunity for sure. Something far more interesting was going on here that I wasn't able to capture. I seem to miss a lot of these moments having to focus manually :meh:

I always thought Elmo was really cute (as I used to imagine him TINY), but this size!?!?!? I'd scream and run, I guess ;) ;) ;). It would have been interesting to see the child's reaction on that huge Elmo...
I'll run into him again. Next time I'll try to focus more on people's reactions.

thse aren't doing anything for me. #1 just semms like yo blindly pointed somewhere and took the pic on auto
I guess the image does have that look to it. Unfortunately, I framed the shot and squatted there for 20 minutes waiting for the right combination of people to pass through.

Thanks for looking.

That is one raggedy Elmo. My son would love to kick that particular Elmo in the nut sack.:lmao:

I like the busy idea behind the first shot, I get it, but I think it would have been a bit better if you would have held out for a shot of someone preoccupied on their phone.

The second would be cool if you had captured a reaction from the little girl, that would be much more interesting.

The third I just plain like. It's big city, he has attitude, he's vibrant, and has awesome texture. Great shot.

I like the busy idea behind the first shot, I get it, but I think it would have been a bit better if you would have held out for a shot of someone preoccupied on their phone.

The second would be cool if you had captured a reaction from the little girl, that would be much more interesting.
Agreed... on both points.

The third I just plain like. It's big city, he has attitude, he's vibrant, and has awesome texture. Great shot.
Thanks.

The thing that bothers me the most about #3 is the area just left of his nose... It looks like one pastey area. It's just too bright, and I can't seem to capture any detail there :meh:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back