Time to start rolling my own!

I didn't mean skip loading your own, just using the actual loader. Grab a dark room, lay out your cannister, roll off ~6' (or whatever length you want) and wind it up.

That would be peachy-keen.

If I had a darkroom...........:biggrin-93:

I used to load mainly short rolls of 10 to 12 frames. Even shorter if I was trying something out.

The price of 100 feet of Tri-X just went up to $100, which means for that film, it's just as economical if not cheaper to just buy in pre-rolled bricks. But for other films, it's definitely a cheaper way to go. I'm glad I started bulk loading. And I've got 100-feet rolls of HP5 on my wish list so hopefully my family will get the hint and get me a few :D

I didn't mean skip loading your own, just using the actual loader. Grab a dark room, lay out your cannister, roll off ~6' (or whatever length you want) and wind it up.

That would be peachy-keen.

If I had a darkroom...........:biggrin-93:
Bathroom, at night, lights off?

Cover up the skylight

Easier said than done........ when they're recessed into the ceiling.

I get that some people think a bulk loader is a hassle, but at a certain point, isn't it just as much of a hassle to only roll at night in the bathroom after blocking skylights?

You are smart & have ladders. You can do it

I get that some people think a bulk loader is a hassle, but at a certain point, isn't it just as much of a hassle to only roll at night in the bathroom after blocking skylights?

The ONLY time you need a total darkness is to get the film into the loader.

That's.......what........ the................. dark............. bag...............is..............for.

After that, it's all a daylight operation.

The ONLY time you need a total darkness is to get the film into the loader.

That's.......what........ the................. dark............. bag...............is..............for.

After that, it's all a daylight operation.

I know that. That's why I don't understand the advice to dispose of the bulk loader and just load in the dark. It seems like without a dedicated darkroom that you can just walk into, it would be MORE hassle rather than less to go through all the trouble of darking out the bathroom and load all those rolls by hand in the dark.

Apparently, this is either too simple or too complicated, or I'm using the wrong film, or I do not understand reciprocity failure..

I give up.

on lighter note. I've been rolling my own for 42 years. yup Zig - Zaging for years

Apparently, this is either too simple or too complicated, or I'm using the wrong film, or I do not understand reciprocity failure..

I give up.

???

For the record, I was wondering why people were telling you not to bother with a bulk loader when you were clearly excited about using the bulk loader. No where in any of my posts did I say that you were doing anything wrong. The only bit of information that I offered was that the price of 100 feet of Tri-X has very recently gone up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back