Tiny mushrooms, and fence post macroscapes

pathoulihan1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A couple of tiny muchrooms growing on the bark of a tree (all no more than 3mm).

DSC06077.jpg

DSC06074-1.jpg

DSC06075.jpg

DSC06070.jpg

DSC06073.jpg

A few macroscapes of really interesting formations growing in the moss of my fence.

DSC06057.jpg

DSC06067.jpg

DSC06058.jpg

DSC06065.jpg

DSC06055.jpg

DSC06054.jpg

DSC06051.jpg

The last one of the first set shows a shroom with a lot of neat texture. I would have tried to work with that feature, the shot you have has a lot of texture in the background which distracts from it. I might have tried a side shot with shroom dome against a background that was far away (i.e. side view off the tree).

The second set is called "British Soldier" (so I was informed by a viewer of one of my shots of it) due to the "red coats". Thought the 4th shot of the second set best - the rest have background clutter issues (IMHO).

I would work with both camera angle and lower f-stops to try to isolate the subject better. Below is example of British Soldier that I think I have posted before (sorry about that). Notice that there is a primary subject at right 1/3rd with out of focus versions to the back left. The salient feature of the red buttons drives the image and those are set against a well blurred, neutral in color and dark background so the subject(s) can be seen easily. I had to walk around the group and find the subject (one that was unique compared to the rest) and think about its presentation - selecting an angle before setting up to take the shot. That is, I specifically set out to find a camera angle and f-stop that would highlight the subject, and this took time and thought and effort. In the end it probably isn't the best I could have done (not sure I like the foreground), but I was able to accomplish my primary goals with it.

6117923136_3d9fdc8389_b.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back