Tiny Planets

Buckster

In memoriam
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Searched the themes categories and didn't see it, so here it is: Tiny Planets

There may be other apps that can make these, but they're commonly made using the Polar Coordinates filter in Photoshop. Instructions for how to do so are easily found on the web, and since links tend to go bad over time, I won't post any particular ones here.

Here are a few I've made to kick this thread off:

Tiny_Planet_Earth_900.jpg

LAX_4473_polar.jpg

Kalaidascope_Bridge.jpg

Show us your "Tiny Planet" creations.

Last edited:
Cool tool, never played with this one before - until now.

Here's a quick one. We'll call it "Bridge to Nowhere".

IMG_1680b by breckmiller, on Flickr

How exactly do you clean up the seam? I took a run at it with a feathered, transluscent cloning tool. It's ok, but definitely not like yours.

I like these...a lot...will deffinatly give this a go. especially love the last one you posted Buckster

How exactly do you clean up the seam? I took a run at it with a feathered, transluscent cloning tool. It's ok, but definitely not like yours.
Cool image!!

I did pretty much the same thing when the ends of the image aren't the same: Cloning, healing, patch tool, etc.

If you can shoot panos that complete a full 360, then cut it so the two ends will meet exactly, it will merge perfectly. Or, if you clone and flip the image back and forth to make a pano, like I did with the barn photo, the ends also merge perfectly.

I like these, immediately Googled "tiny planets" to see how it was done.
Found a kids TV show and Website ???

Then I Googled "Tiny Planets Photography"...Got it!

Here's a couple of mine...

Snow Ball.

8465310285_ffdd3fd1d1_b.jpg

Crop Circle.

8465308587_a52b032a20_b.jpg

Thought I'd try something different than a landscape using the technique...

Tiny Planet, half-submerged, with a stranded spider:

Stranded_Spider_2282.jpg

:)

I've only attempted this once. Might have to have another go at it soon. This night shot looked so much like a watch I had to add hands.

What kind of Wizardry is going on in here.

This is very interesting...I may have to take a crack at it though I don't know if there is some specific technique you guys are using or I should just hop into photoshop and start from scratch :).

Alright, spent a little more time on this one and pretty happy with it. Just not sure what happened with the lines at the corners.

IMG_1680c by breckmiller, on Flickr

Need to take more landscapes to play with. Not usually my thing.

That spider image is fantastic! I've only checked out the technique, very nice results!

Bravo! This just shouts "TIMEX" Love the color and lighting!

Most reactions

Back