To state we go...

Lostinthe619

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sdphotoforum.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One of our monthly photo shoots... Theme was from Santee to Old Town on San Diego Trolley's Green line. Here's a photo from SDSU.

_MG_3037.jpg

Nice, clean but unexceptional because, IMO, there re just too many elements any main idea or object of interest is swallowed up. THe main culrpit is that pole in the right center.

A goodly amount of lens distortion at both ends (verticals leaning in.)

Thanks for the comment. It's always good to get honest feedback.

I intended for the pole to be in the shot as I liked the banner.

As for the distortion, I was shooting with a wide angle (Sigma 12-24) so that's to be expected.

With the photo you are presenting us here I have to agree with The_Traveller on that it is just too busy to be outstanding in any manner.
If you had gone for the comparison of the image of San Diego State University on the banner and its real counterpart, you should have chosen a much narrower angle and probably a vertical frame. I can see how you placed that banner right above the righthand roundtower there, but then I feel your frame should end with the banner pole on the right and before the palmtree to the left of that entrance. That would give the banner some meaning.

As it is, I find it distracting and always feel like stepping more to the left, to the left, to get it out of my vision.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back