Tomatos are of the devil...

As I'm allergic to the pesky things, I'd rather not see them at all.....

As I'm allergic to the pesky things, I'd rather not see them at all.....

I only wish I was allergic... Wait no I don't because sadly I wouldn't be able to enjoy pizza (were tomato paste is a neccessary evil), and salsa. Hmmm... curse you tomatos because I need you in my life even though I'd rather you not be...

I only wish I was allergic... Wait no I don't.
Believe me you don't. Makes eating out a problem, more so in some countries than others. And unfortunately it would appear that in some places in the UK the tomato has become compulsory.

Especially in some works canteens.

Believe me you don't. Makes eating out a problem, more so in some countries than others. And unfortunately it would appear that in some places in the UK the tomato has become compulsory.

Especially in some works canteens.

That's a good point... I never realized how much some part of the tomato gets into food. In a America alone, it seems like every dish has tomatos in it some how. I do feel sorry for you... On the bright side you don't have order spagety (sp?) but you can have chicken alfredo instead :drool:.

All of you tomato haters need to go to tomato therapy so that you can rejoin the ranks of tomato lovin society!

All of you tomato haters need to go to tomato therapy so that you can rejoin the ranks of tomato lovin society!
I'm sure I would love 'em if they didn't do nasty things to my body.

Also bear in mind the woman in the uk a couple of years ago (I forget exactly, it was either last year or the year before) who died from eating something with a covert tomato content - suffered the same allergy as me, just a lot more extreme. Bad as nuts, just nobody knows about it.

When are we going to get to the point where catering / food companies actually ask what people want, and stop deciding for them??

Sorry to get serious for a moment there - normal service will be resumed ASAP.....

I do feel sorry for you...
Cheers mate!

It's not just America that has the devil fruit as compulsory.... There are a couple of traditions in the UK that are suffering as far as I can see.... the bacon sarnie and the egg and cress sarnie. It would seem that the simple, traditional view of these pillars of english culinary tradition now have to include tomatoes - compulsory, government controlled, without any indication on the wrappers, as though it had always been so.

Someone, somewhere, who owns a tomato farm, is doing very well out of the change in minimum ingredients.........

Tomatoes are the best fruit there is.

Interesting. It is a fruit, but the US government officially says its a vegetable for the purpose of importing...

BTW, I feel for anyone who has a tomato allergy. Onion allergy would be bad also, but those are like, the two things that almost everything has to some point or another. Basically, I'm guessing if its red, you can't eat it?

Tomatoes are a popular discussion, isn't it great!?

lol... Yeah... That's funny to think about the passion people have towards tomatos...

The tomato famine of recent was horrible. When Qdoba announced that the supply was pure again I did a little dance right in line.

The tomato famine of recent was horrible. When Qdoba announced that the supply was pure again I did a little dance right in line.

There was a farmer in the little town I live at selling tomatoes on the square today. I bought some, came home, sliced them up and put salt on them and ate them with NOTHING ELSE...

They were bright red and super juicy! That was a quality Tow Mater. I hope the rest are as good (I'm sure they will be).

I don't think there was a single summer meal as a child that didnt have sliced fresh tomato's on the table. With salt, or with mayonnaise and sourcream/vineagar. Yumm.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back