Tons of Unprocessed Images

I've lots of photos that I haven't post-processed. And it's mounting.

Anyone in the same situation?
Yes. I have several months worth. Like others, I barely have time to get around to them. As a hobby for me, photography often takes the backseat. :cold:

Learn how to cull your images.

+1. Learning my personal tastes of what I want to keep or delete has helped tremendously.

Here's an example of procrastination. Sorry, it's just a low-rez cellphone video that I shot this May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't process most of my images anyway. :lol: For example, on our last vacation I took 2300 pictures, but I think I've flagged about (checks in Lr) 225 images and processed 35. The rest will just rot in that digital purgatory known as my RAID array. To be fair, I will sometimes go back and process images from a year or so before, so I don't delete too much. If it makes it through the first cull (during import) then it's likely to live out the remainder of it's days on my HD.

Yep, 2+ years worth backed up. (And no I'm not marinating them as one knucklehead blogger talks about.) I stopped shooting junk. If it is not high grade portfolio material I am not interested in wasting time. This was the point I was trying to get across to Traveler with some of the junk he sends in. Spend you time wisely or you will drown in garbage with digital.

Since, in my blog I suggested letting images sit for a few days so that one's lust for an image dies and one can be more objective., I am wondering if I am the 'knuckle-headed blogger'.
I really appreciate slackercruster shared his opinions of my work (as junk( and, since he analyzed how I really should be shooting, I am trying to figure out some place in my workflow to get his opinion on anything I do before I post it.

Is it ironic that members who never post their own pictures really have the truth about how the rest of us should work?

Is it ironic that members who never post their own pictures really have the truth about how the rest of us should work?

Also notable that many of them have not managed to change their avatar from the system provided ones, too.

Why process them when you're alive? Vivian Maier and Winogrand had thousands left unprocessed when they died. And look how famous they are. I say enjoy the shooting and leave the processing to others after you've moved on.

*Gary raises and waves his hand.*

I have stuff that's maybe five years old I haven't process. For me it's all about time. I rather shoot than process. So it stacks up. I do pro bono work for a high school and their stuff and other timely stuff gets a higher priority. My management decisions for processing and the rest of my life is the processing of "my stuff" can wait.

I hear you. Fortunately, hard drives are getting cheaper.

Gary

Yep, 2+ years worth backed up. (And no I'm not marinating them as one knucklehead blogger talks about.) I stopped shooting junk. If it is not high grade portfolio material I am not interested in wasting time. This was the point I was trying to get across to Traveler with some of the junk he sends in. Spend you time wisely or you will drown in garbage with digital.

Since, in my blog I suggested letting images sit for a few days so that one's lust for an image dies and one can be more objective., I am wondering if I am the 'knuckle-headed blogger'.
I really appreciate slackercruster shared his opinions of my work (as junk( and, since he analyzed how I really should be shooting, I am trying to figure out some place in my workflow to get his opinion on anything I do before I post it.

+1 to both of these comments.

I used to almost ALWAYS try to go through, immediately, and select which pictures to process then start working away on them. But now, I very rarely process the photos from an outing immediately, unless it's a paid/"officical" shoot, and even then, I at least try to give it a day if I can. Waiting until the "rush" of the event itself wears off so that I'm not looking at my photos with all my emotions tied up in them, has really changed what I process.

And for the other stuff; I figure, what's the hurry? There will be PLENTY of rainy days, too-cold-to-care days, sick days, days when I'm sitting around watching football--the processing can happen then. And again, by that time, I am no enamored of the photos just because of the emotions I had at the time, but am able to better look at them objectively and select a few of the best to process.

Thanks guys I'll try to take note of some of the suggestions :)

I have tons also! My procrastination has more to to with pain. Usually, I'll try to get to them within a couple of days. But to be able to sit for that long, I usually grab a beer and a Percocet. Sometimes it works............... other times I'll grab a second beer. I usually don't get to them when that happens.

:bek113: :bek181: :bek113:

:clap: :boogie: :biggrin-93:

Slackercruster is pretty easy to Google up. He's not shy about putting his photos out there. He just didn't seem to be interested in c&c. Which I assume is why he doesn't post here.

Most reactions

Back