Tornado producting storm! C&C

darkpbstar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
sorry if you expected to see a tornado, cause I didn't catch one. There were alarms on TV for watches and warnings, so the first thing I did was grab the camera and drove towards it! one of my biggest goals is to see a tornado, and capture some photos. as I was out there were sirens going off, and i thought for sure I was going to see something. Well I saw nothing, but I saw some cool clouds. I don't know how close they were to forming tornados, or what chance a tornado could've been produced, but I thought the clouds were cool anyway. Maybe some of you are more familiar with storms and weather. New with weather type shots, so C&C appreciated, and needed! Here are some shots:

DSC_0003-2.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0012-3.jpg

DSC_0015-2.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

you know driving towards a tornatic producing storm is sill and dangerous, hope you had a police scanner radio type thing to listen to reports...

But I am jealous and would love to see a tornado first hand, I just think its so sad and fascinating the destruction they do

i like the 4th pic the best, the blu esky and grey clouds demonstrate that a storm is coming - cool

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont chase storms if you dont know what youre doing or if you dont have someone directing you where to go.

its hard to tell whats going on in the first two, but the last 3 look like an outflow boundary/gust front.

im glad you were safe. where were these taken?

thank you for the concern, and no I had no scanner, and the radio is in "lock" mode, and I can't unlock it, so I had no real way of knowing what was going around. Fortunetly everything that was behind me, for the most part, was clear, so I could pretty much see all the nasty stuff. I too want to see one first hand, and will, someday. Even if I have to go on a Storm Chasing tour type thing, where they take you to find them. Thanks for C&C

oh I appologize, I meant to tell you. These were taken in South East, WI. In Paddock Lake to be exact. Thank you as well Spiffybeth for the concern. The thought of seeing an actual tornado just shuts down my judgement making part of the brain I guess (frontal lobe)...seriously though I'll be careful.

youre under a tornado watch right now and a tornado was reported close to paddock lake (i had to look it up)...were these taken today?

these were taken about an hour ago. Yea we've been under a watch for a couple hours, and I saw on TV there was a tornado a little south of here, not by much though.

The first two look like something but it's hard to tell whether or not there is any rotation. but the second two don't look like much. It looks like a rather sad storm in pictures 3, 4 (though I like the pictures). #5 looks somewhat like a wallcloud but because I don't what direction you are facing while you took this, and where this cloud formation is relative to the thunder storm it could have been something or nothing. Be very careful if you are not sure what you doing, please. If you do know what you are doing then you know the risk you are facing. As far as the pics are concerned, I'm not to happy about the billion and one powerlines that have gotten in the way. 3,4 seem to be the best because you did a great job of exposing most of the cloud well (that's hard to do I know).

Hmmm... I have had another look at 1 and 2 and believe that could have been a wallcloud. It seems that you have sun coming from behind you so you would have to be facing north... The rain on the left suggests that is the core and that lowering would be the location of the mesocyclone and wallcloud under a what appears to be a rain free base. how close where you to
TORNADO ON THE GROUND AT HIGHWAY 20 AND BRITTON ROAD. (MKX)

I was quite close to them in #'s 1 and 2. Number two I was much closer. If you can see the road in number one, that is the road I drove up to the top to get number 2. So I was pretty close, probably too close, and it was quite exilerating, to say the least. Yea as I said there were sirens going off so hey, it might have had the ability to produce a tornado right there.

I can't help but noticed all the storm shots I've been seeing on here. Rough time of the year I guess.

yea I appologize for misinforming you. I tried to get one at least!

Most reactions

Back