Total beginner C&C please

okiecowboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all,
New here and a Total beginner to photography, I am a disabled former police officer in dire need of a hobby, so really wanting to learn.. right now I am limited to a crappy point and shoot, but figured I can learn even with it..

ok on this first shot i am not happy with the colors, lighting etc what can be done to improve it?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24816762@N05/4148814740/

on the second shot what could have done to make it more interesting, it's not a shot i could have posed or anything but maybe done from a differnt angle, place?? http://www.flickr.com/photos/24816762@N05/4148834482/

thanks for any advice given..

Last edited:
I'm not seeing any pics or links to any pics.

Not working. If you're not sure how to post pictures at the top of the beginner section look at the top and there is a thread there that tells you how. Welcome to TPF.
tj

hmm still not showing up, maybe I need to use a site other than flickr?

anyway thanks for trying

When you're on flickr click the picture you want then on top of the pic click where it says all sizes. Right click the picture it shows you and select copy image address/location. Then come here and click the icon with the camera and tree and paste it in that section. Then you're all set. If you want I can post them for you if you post your link. Hope that helped!
tj

4148814740_38570bd025_b.jpg

4148834482_29298ecffb_b.jpg

Here you go sorry didn't see you now had the links.
tj

I thought it was against religion to be photographed if you are amish?
I like #1

actually the Amish in this area don't mind candid type shots.. heck they even have cell phones here..

nope they are Amish, we have Mennonite here as well. I am good friends with many families of both beliefs..
so trust me there was no disrespect given to the religions of the subject

what kind of point and shoot do you have...a lot of them have many features that are built into their big brother DSLR's. Look through your manual. Some of these new P&S's are fairly amazing now...

Second, if you're just starting, a free photo editing program might get you going, also, until you decide if you want to jump in with both feet and buy a body and lens. There is a program called GIMP (Graphic Image Manipulation Program), that has many features of the expensive PhotoShop, which you might want to take a pass on until you discover whether or not you're serious about the hobby. You can download it on any of the free Windows software sites, or the Linux sites, if you're using Linux. If you're using a MAC, I'm sure there is something "free" out there to help you discover if you like the hobby or not.

Keep plugging with the Point 'n Shoot, and the photo editing stuff, while you're saving your coin for a DSLR or SLR camera.

J.:mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back