TPF Confessions

I have two photography related confessions:

1. I've never used Photoshop or any other hi end editing software of any kind. The only thing I've ever used was Canon's DPP that came with my camera. Before that I used an HP program that came with my printer's software. Before Lightroom 4 came out they did a kind of close out pricing on LR3, so I picked up a copy. As you can see in the pic, I have yet to open it. You don't want to rush in to that sort of thing. That and for some reason I find these programs intimidating. I have no idea why.

20150913_213707 by bentcountershaft, on Flickr

2. I haven't been shooting much lately. I perused my photo library to find something to resurrect the Visual Echo thread and noticed that I've only added photos three times since January 1st. Two of those were for family gatherings in May. The other one was in January and there isn't a single keeper in the lot. It's been a long time since I've been inspired. I didn't want to do the family stuff in May but it was easier than arguing with them and it kept my interactions with my not so loved ones at a minimum. Here lately though I've been getting the itch again, hence my popping in.

I've never seen a single episode of The Simpsons. Ever. Or Southpark. Ever.

That and for some reason I find these programs intimidating. I have no idea why.

You think PS is bad? Look what I have to deal with:

Screenshot_3.png

There are ten tool pallets - which hold probably 10% of all the tools available with four additional tool shelves for some plugins I'm running, and not one, but FIVE menu sets. You seriously select menu sets from a popup menu. I'm always forgetting how to do something because I keep forgetting that I'm in one set and not the other!

Usually I just open up Maya. Have a mini melt down about my career. Close it out. And watch cat videos on Youtube in defeat.

In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max’s toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog…When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I went nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out…But the worst thing I ever done — I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa — and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.

In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max’s toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog…When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I went nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out…But the worst thing I ever done — I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa — and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.

Last bit reminds me of the movie "Stand by me". That's a great movie

I openly and unashamedly love Star Wars.

Me too, except for that POS with Jar Jar Binks. :angry: Hate that guy...

I have no idea what you guys are talking about... :lol: Says the guy joining the 501st.

If you hate Jar Jar, watch Lego Star Wars: Droid Tales. He's constantly getting shot or nailed by ships.

I openly and unashamedly love Star Wars.

Me too, except for that POS with Jar Jar Binks. :angry: Hate that guy...

Oh totally! And that whole midichlorion business? The hell? I don't want the Force explained to me. It just is. It's part of the mysticism of the whole thing. Talking about little things in our bodies that talk to us and give us power...now that just sounds like ole Qui-Gon was off his meds.

When I was a kid our family was having a cookout party on a hot summer day. I went to go to the bathroom and someone left a used tampon in the bathroom waste can. I thought it was a bloody rabbits foot and ran outside with it by the string screaming , "I found a bloody rabbits foot!"

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I look for utility marks on the sidewalks then come back at night with chalk and make them funny little stick figures. :wink-new:

I'm male. I'm straight. I love Neil Diamond.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back