TPF does DC rumor thread...

Wow, looks like I joined just in time. I live in the Washington DC area. I have a photo shoot I have to attend to on April 8th but what I will try and attend the other days. If you guys want, I would recommend the following areas as well.

National Zoo (Absolutely Free)
National Cathedral (Absolutely Free and stunning night-time shots)
Mormon Temple (Absolutely Free)
The Mall is where the Smithsonians, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Memorial, etc...is. I would recommend the World War II memorial which was just constructed 2 years ago to be done at night. The lighting is exquisite and the Lincoln Memorial is just across Mirror Pond.
It's too bad that the event could not have been this weekend. The Cherry Blossoms are in full bloom and I plan to take photos. I will share the photos I take with you all when I can finish them up a little. The tidal basin is nice and where the Jefferson Memorial is.
Finally, if you want a little bit of night life, I would recommend Old Town Alexandria. The Adams Morgan area and Georgetown area are too crowded to position yourself for a nice shot but Old Town Alexandria, Virginia is a 5 minute drive from D.C.

Oh and I forgot about Haines Point. Haines Point is between Washington DC and the National Airport. It has a statue called the Awakening which is a statue of a giant shown to be waking from slumber. The thing is that the head is about 20 feet long. It's really cool.

I will have to doublecheck on my photoshoot but if you guys have other days besides the 7th of April, like the 7th of April or the 9th of April that you will be there, I have no problem chauffering people around. I can only take 4 more with me.

Wildlife Photos can be taken either at the Rock Creek Parkway along the paths or Patuxent. Patuxent is a little too far for people coming in.

Let's see what else there is. Ooohhh, you can take photos along 14th street but some of those would be considered in the Dark category (Ladies of Questionable Morals)

If I think of anything else, I will let you guys know...See you then!!

-Pedro

:lol: Sounds like Atlanta's Dogwood Festivals....a lot of times the dogwoods are fading by the time the festival comes around.

I'm sure there will still be plenty in bloom - along with tons of other stuff! DC is supposed to be sooooo pretty in the springtime. :)

We should have a better idea of what to expect by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. Until then I don't even want to look! :lmao:

hi friends,

just checking in from Italy ;-)

I'm having lots of fun, and I can't wait to meet you all in D.C. this weekend

Anyway... just wanted to say hi

PS: I just checked the weather forecast; friday and saturday don't look good weatherwise, but sunday is supposed to be mostly sunny, so hopefully that will make up for it. :)

Ciao

Unimaxium said:
hi friends,

just checking in from Italy ;-)

I'm having lots of fun, and I can't wait to meet you all in D.C. this weekend

Anyway... just wanted to say hi

PS: I just checked the weather forecast; friday and saturday don't look good weatherwise, but sunday is supposed to be mostly sunny, so hopefully that will make up for it. :)

Ciao

Yeah...my flight is at 2 in the afternoon, so good weather doesn't do me much good that day, other than for my flight. :er:

So...are there any final plans...or anything? Any final thoughts before we all go? I know some have left already...but...for those of you that are still here....

...Just wondering.

We'll be arriving at 11am on Friday. I'M SO FLIPPIN EXCITED! (and nervous)

Don't be nervous! I'm sure your flight will be perfect. :thumbup: Looks like we'll be dodging raindrops after Friday, but I'm not worried about that keeping us from having a good time. ;)

terri said:
Don't be nervous! I'm sure your flight will be perfect. :thumbup: Looks like we'll be dodging raindrops after Friday, but I'm not worried about that keeping us from having a good time. ;)

I'm not worried about us not having a good time, either. :p

I'm just getting myself worked up trying to make sure I pack everything, and making sure I get enough sleep. I will probably have very little, or no sleep at all on Friday. :( That worries me! I don't want me being soooo tired get in the way of me having fun!!!!

I'm sure we'll be a tired crew by the end of Thursday. If the weather is bad we'll just hang out. I know the boys are excited that there is a pool ;)

Alison said:
I'm sure we'll be a tired crew by the end of Thursday. If the weather is bad we'll just hang out. I know the boys are excited that there is a pool ;)
We need a boom box and CD's. :lol: Got one?

Alison said:

Damn I wish I was in shape already...I'd totally go out and buy a swimsuit! Haven't been swimmin in years!

Oh, and btw..I asked Erik if he was going to embarrass me...he said "of course...as much as possible..."....

...so do me a favor...ignore everything he says! :p

(ok, so don't ignore him...just the stuff that sounds like he's trying to embarrass me...cuz...whatever he says...it's probably not true! Er...well...maybe it is, but I won't admit to it)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back