TPF Photo Challenge - July '11: "The Sky Above Me"

Where do the albums go so you can see the photographs that are entered? I tried to fin a previous months and do not see...

Yay!! I finally figured out how to reply to threads on my phone...I missed the email where I had to confirm my registration!! I'm new to forum and can't wait to participate on the TPF photo challenge contests!! I think this is a really fun idea and I can definitely find something to do with $25 amazon voucher!!!

Hope I didn't miss this as well, tried to check through my email and didn't see one yet. May not have come through.

This may be a stupid question but how can i resize my image to 150kb? It is now about the size of a postage stamp and it says 800+kb, it seems more like a raffle if the image that you are submitting cannot even be seen? I must be doing something wrong. Is there a program that i can put my picture in and it will spit out an image that can be submitted?

Yes the 150kb limit does really make it hard to make a nice photo look at its best but everyone has the same handicap and rules is rules. What software are you using anaugi?

This may be a stupid question but how can i resize my image to 150kb? It is now about the size of a postage stamp and it says 800+kb, it seems more like a raffle if the image that you are submitting cannot even be seen? I must be doing something wrong. Is there a program that i can put my picture in and it will spit out an image that can be submitted?
You need to set "jpg compression" as well. ;) Simple resizing won't work as you can see for yourself.

I'm very excited to see the entries; I suspect there will be some great images with such a varying challenge topic.

y limit us to 150kb you are destroying the quality of the photo 1mb would be far more reasonable because it would allow us to show some quality in the photos

y limit us to 150kb you are destroying the quality of the photo 1mb would be far more reasonable because it would allow us to show some quality in the photos

you can come down with quite a big (in size) photo below 150 pretty easy. But first it is good to know about the maths that is hidden behind Jpeg compression and thecosine transform.
In Photoshop it is really fine to resize an image (Image -> Resize) to make the longer side of about 1024 px (enough for displaying on screen in such contests). Then use the option File - >Save for web and devices. Select Jpeg compression and you can easily go down to 60%. Check "optimize" option and with such small resolutions you may easily uncheck "Progressive" checkbox and blur the photo (value of about 0.12 ). This way you will be around 100kilos.

you can come down with quite a big (in size) photo below 150 pretty easy. But first it is good to know about the maths that is hidden behind Jpeg compression and thecosine transform.
In Photoshop it is really fine to resize an image (Image -> Resize) to make the longer side of about 1024 px (enough for displaying on screen in such contests). Then use the option File - >Save for web and devices. Select Jpeg compression and you can easily go down to 60%. Check "optimize" option and with such small resolutions you may easily uncheck "Progressive" checkbox and blur the photo (value of about 0.12 ). This way you will be around 100kilos.

what i was saying is it destroys the quality of the photo and the detail

Just joined up and just tried submitting a pic for the contest. I hope I did it right. lol.

Can't we just submit links like the one below? I think it makes it much easier to retain the image quality:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back