www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Strobist Info:
Canon 430EX through softbox, camera left, 1/2 power

comments and critiques are welcome

4773785518_61120ed0de_b.jpg

4773165809_c6123d8524_b.jpg

Very neat location and nice lighting but I'm not a fan of either pose.

I agree, nice lighting but the poses aren't working for me.

MM# 1744585
The poses don't really bother me that much.
But yeah she was kind of a new model so her posing skills were sort of lacking a little bit.

She makes no connection with the camera in either shot.

#1 - She has a tree branch running through her head and the tree on the left in the background looks like a black blob. Some fill would help to add definition to her left arm, the shadows are too strong. There is a lack of connection between her right arm going down the side of her body and the right hand magically appears out of nowhere on her knee. The left hand knuckles look misplaced. As an aside, the bottom of her right knee looks as if it were a shot of Mini-Me's ass.

#2 - There is a very hard shadow line on her left arm. Looks like a dark stocking was worn. Again, some stragetically placed fill light may have reduced such a hard line. The pose is just awful.

EDIT:
Forgot to add..... she is a lovely looking model. If she is just starting out with modeling, take advantage of the opportunity. This would be a good time to work together and hone both of your skills.

Last edited:
Cool, now we know. This doesn't apply to you......

People Photography A gallery for sharing photos of the people in your life, from informal portraits & candids, to your home studio shots or street photography. Post for discussion and feedback, including general critique.

You'd rather waddle in your lame excuses for why certain minute details, but correctable aspects of you photos, are sub-par. :thumbsup: for your stance.

First, test has a specific meaning and this is not a test. A test is when you audition a model for a paid assignment in the future. Unless you've been hired to do a shoot or her rates are in line with WalMart employees (before the gender discrimination lawsuit), then you're not testing.

Second, the poses aren't working. I'm not saying that they aren't working for me. They just aren't working.

Ok well this was a test to see if she was suitable for a concept shoot that I have planned for the future. Audition didn't seem suitable so I chose test. Technicalities aren't really all that important...

And yes, I know the posing was bad. I was working with it the whole day. She was hard to work with.

Ok well this was a test to see if she was suitable for a concept shoot that I have planned for the future. Audition didn't seem suitable so I chose test. Technicalities aren't really all that important...

And yes, I know the posing was bad. I was working with it the whole day. She was hard to work with.

Nice to hear you've made your peace. It's OK if the posing is bad. After all, you're doing another shoot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back