TRAINS - TRAINS - TRAINS

Alex_B said:
ok, that is a different story then ...

my statement did not imply that i like them to be rottig away anyway ... I'm always sort of nostalgic myself... i do like things from the past and technology from the past ...

Sorry if I implied you were saying that... I didnt mean to... obviously if you took the time to look at the pictures you must at least enjoy train pictures :thumbup: ... being as its a passion of mine (railroading, rail photography) its really a thorn in my side seeing these things go to waste as they are. This is only one of three local locations that the same owners have "mothballed" equipment, and I really didnt post an overall picture of how much is really there... theres actually 10 or so pieces there, another 15 at another location and one or two more at the third location...

Hello,,,seems like we had a seamless merge,
Because of the importance the railway had in opening up Canada, I think a lot of locomotives have been preserved.
The city of Calgary, Alberta has 2 downtown, and I think 3 or 4 running steam locomotives, Pullman cars, and a preserved roundhouse. Private operations offer a steam run through the Rockies,which after checking the prices, is no doubt a very profitable venture.!

Link gone by now :(

I took some photos of historic trains at the Lincolnshire Coast Light Railway system for a local (Skegness UK) newspaper.
I asked the people in the photos to look serious, to look into the distance as if the train was going somewhere, although in reality there is only about a mile of train track.
This is a little manipulative, of course, but quite a lot of newspaper photojournalism is manipulative. I did it because I wanted to add some (relative) drama to the picture.
I like the incongruity of the picture, the incongruity of a big man in a very small locomotive. I took quite a few pictures including another one like this, a picture of some passengers standing on the outside deck (the caboose, is it called?) of a very small passenger car.
Actually when I think about it it isn't being manipulative. I just captured their attitude. To them, this really is a dramatic situation, the trains really are going somewhere, even if it's just a mile along the track.

WOW, some good pictures here....don't have any train pictures, but I figured these should go in this theme thread, so.............................

Bridge010.jpg

Bridge007.jpg

Bridge005.jpg

Actually I wasnt in the road... but what would it matter if I was... no ones coming through ;)...LOL

Thanks a bunch for the compliment.. :blushing:

Oh. Oops :oops: ... no train!

But I don't know where else to put this photo of the "golden railway line"?

Bahnlinie_glden.jpg

Low evening sun behind me ... on grey days (like today), this same line looks boring to the max ...

I took these today in Downtown Grapevine, Texas. This train goes daily from Grapevine to the Fort Worth Stock Yards. Its a pretty big tourist thing to do ;)

Links gone :(

Last edited by a moderator:
... its really a thorn in my side seeing these things go to waste as they are....

You are tellin me, This city I live in was built by the rail roads that ran threw here and yet our most crowning achievements sit in ruin.

a couple of mine

one link gone :(

Untitled1BW_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back