Trees

AmeliaIsland.jpg

Here is my offering. I shot this with infrared film on Amelia Island. I knew when I took the shot that I would hand color it when I made the enlargement. I used photo oils and pencils. It's one of my faves mainly because it turned out exactly as I envisioned it when I took the picture. It was hot as blazes that day, and I felt the whole island was shimmering in the heat!

yep, pretty impressive in real life. you can find it at the seven sacred pools, waterfall hike near hana.

that is an awesome picture...is it grass growining or some sort of crop?

that is an awesome picture...is it grass growining or some sort of crop?

Bunny, I'm guessing you are referring to my photo with the tree and all the green area around it ? If so, it's not a crop. This property has been used for growing crops such as cotton, safflower, etc in the past but it is now just grass. The tree is a Valley Oak in northern Calif.

terri, I love those trees. The ones you see in Legend of Sleepy Hollow or 1313 Mockingbird Lane. Bet Rob Zombie considers this beautiful.

terri, I love those trees. The ones you see in Legend of Sleepy Hollow or 1313 Mockingbird Lane. Bet Rob Zombie considers this beautiful.
:lol: Thank you! The whole island was like this - a gorgeous place. This was the shot that seemed to capture the feel of it. That's a very good description!!

^^ I've always been very impressed by the subtropical Georgian flora. I'd like to go someday, though I do not think it is going to be very likely.

Most reactions

Back