Tripod question...

Iron Flatline said:
I hug my Manfrotto head and tri-pod every night.
We need proof! :lmao:

markc said:
Whichever way you go, spending more for one that comes with quickreleases is something I'd recommend.

That's what I was going to recommend. The QRP (quick release plate) is a plate that you attach to the camera's tripod threads. Then the plate will attach to the tripod head. This allows you to keep the plate on the camera and quickly attach or remove it from the tripod. Much, much better than having to screw the camera onto the tripod every time.

All plates will have some sort of a locking mechanism. The better ones will have some sort of positive lock that will not let the plate slip loose.

Markc and Big Mike are correct… Whatever head you buy, insure it can utilize a ‘quick release’ plate.

Did I mention the Manfrotto 3047 ‘3-way’ head? :wink: It uses a ‘quick release’ plate. Very handy… A simple twist of the thumb and your camera is released from the head.

Iron Flatline said:
I hug my Manfrotto head and tri-pod every night.

My 3221 is a little rough, not real bad, after 20+ years, and I've lost the easily lost center post adjustment lever. It got lost during a fencing match with a sixty or so pound wildcat in Tennessee about 5 years ago.

It still works perfectly otherwise...and even with the center post down it is over 6 ft tall with a body attached, and I can tighten it down by hand with a set of mini pliers.

Good stuff is usually only expensive at point of purchase...it's cheaper in the long run, and holds up betterl in critter attacks.

LWW

Most reactions

New Topics

Back